The 8 Sins - strategy game with RPG elements based of 7 deadly sins

As in the title I am working on a simple clone of the Disciples game series, to be precise:

= Description =
In this strategy, we expansion of cities, conquer new areas and collect resources, after each fight soldiers and leader gain experience, but when the leader advances, he chooses a new skill, but when the soldier promotesthey transforms into a higher form unlocked in the capital, with each unit class we can choose only one branch of development.

= Style =
The action is taking in hell, so I try to create the most grotesque characters or surrealistic, so I’m open to the concept and on DeviantArt I set up catalog in my favorite for this stuff:
Link

= Links =
Project pages:
itch.io
GameJolt
Gallery:
DeviantArt

= Statistics =
Hits points - determines how much of damage character can take;
Damage - there are three sources: physical, magical and mysterious;
Combat - decides about of chances of hitting or dodge;
Initiative - determines the order of units;
Armor - reduces physical damage as a percentage, at most 90%;
Resistance - works the same way as armor against magic, only that resistance is rare.

= Unit classes =
Warrior
A unit that can not be a giant, so that it can cover more delicate units in the rear ranks, attacks the neighboring units with weapons;
Shooter
It can be a giant that occupies space in the front and back ranks, attacks any unit with weapons.
Mage
As a shooter can be a giant, the basic task is to attack with magic and it does not matter if he going attack in melee, range or all enemies at once.
Support
Here are the giants warriors or those who modify attributes by casting a curse or blessing.

= Nations (Sins) =
Gluttony
They focus on endurance, each giant can be as a defender, the leading style is to mix technology, magic and mutations in a messy way.

Anger
Demonic mutants who specialize in dealing psychical damage, their warriors including heavy ones are the most powerful in the game but the rear ranks performs the role of glass cannons.

Greed
Steam cyborgs with motives of death, all units are armored at beginning, which means that their troops are not cheap, they have the most powerful shooting units.

Lust
Fetish ghosts where all units have immunity, they have the most powerful mages in the game.

Sloth
Appearance resemble plants and mushrooms, they are the fastest characters in the game because they run away from troubles and fight.

Pride
Masters of combat arts who look like anthropomorphic animals: lion, wolf, peacock, their costumes are over-decorated.

Envy
An army of insects-like demons that tries to be better than the others, which is why they have extremely oriented units, eg we have a choice between a sponge for a bullet and a glass cannon, warriors are mutants, shooters are engineers and magicians look like wraiths.

Acedia
8 sin (on wikipedia I found information that in history it was even 9, for the project’s need I chose this “sin”)
Universal, when others have to decidet which alternative units will unlock on start, Acedia have one in each class, so that individuals have a rich development tree by catching up with every possible unit type (defender, killer ect).
Interestingly think is that, they have armor and immunity from the start which increases with other parameters on each level.
Its appearance resembles a church with holy fighters but in a nightmarish version.

Here I will stop writing because I gonna write a book.
Open to all criticisms and suggestions.

mekzMkj6Hys

I like the idea and the artwork is quite original, however, the contrast seems to be a bit low, and the shadows are way too strong. Also, aren’t you afraid that because of the quite rough pixel, some scenes might be hard to see clearly?

For now I don’t have enough experience to fix that but like for now only you are opposite to this palette, others watchers say it’s great

Its only presentation for PixelJoint where are pixels should be rough, all effect shadows and fog are not accepted

Like I mention in devlog this is for testing, I must play around and see what will looks.

Artworks are really great.

pGIv1OV3QeA

Impressive…and I like the eery music, it gives your game a unique touch.
One little thing: I see Welocme in the video, might wanna change that to Welcome ;D

I checked the video and you have right, I upload my devlogs for long time and no one tell me that.

Thanks

I like your design and approach :smiley:

For me only the music is too creepy. All the time I am muting it.
But that’s just a matter of taste :slight_smile:

Keep going :slight_smile: GJ :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks, i gonna work on that.

New Devlog:

-8K7-Sae8jQ

In short map editor is ready, now time for gameplay.

OBF8qDLGTMY

c-gZctEWfNw

Hi, after long time I back:

d35urEFrgbA

QkiK6Lgb8dA

jWPJJRzGgZw

bhc8Tng5nwI

2KYM1H4QSBc

k8qjIde4lDY

3jQ0dXGMTiQ