T4XI

New version up with the above. Banging into other cars seems to slow the game down alot…

Maybe the car should get faster as time goes on aswell/instead?

Off for shower to sort out this hangover :confused:

Kev

Yeee! Either I was really drunk when I tried it last time, or the handling has improved a lot! Possibly both… Only think was that I almost managed to get completley stuck in an intersection, forgetting to drive on the left side. (Please give us a chance to drive on right side :)) then had one car on each side of me driving into me, and I just coudn’t get away for about 10 sec. One computer car drove straight through the pileup. :o Only happened once though, so for a 4K game, I’m not even sure if it is worth bothering with fixing it.

Screenshot looks a bit funky on your site.

Really like the improvements.

Cheers… the screenshot is screwed cause the auto-thumbnail creation… I’ll take a look now…

Kev

So where do I go to by a faster car? A bigger car that could ram others out of the way might be nice too ;D Or a body shop where I could get my car painted a new color. Both would cost money of course.

Then of course you could go for some more interesting objectives :slight_smile:

All of that will be available of course in the full version priced around 19.99 and out towards the end of the year… or, you could just go get a free copy of GTA1 (I believe they’re giving it away now).

I might well do a GTAJava… but it’d have to be in pure Java2D otherwise the challenge wouldn’t be there.

Kev

you could just go get a free copy of GTA1 (I believe they’re
giving it away now).

They are giving GTA1 and GTA2 away for free.

http://www.rockstargames.com/classics/

Is there a working link for this ?

I take it you still can’t see games.cokeandcode.com. I’ve checked the records and it could be a 1000 hours until you can… :frowning:

Assuming you mean to play T4XI:

http://www.cokeandcode.com/games/4k/city4k/city4k.jnlp

Kev

Doin GTAJava in 3D wouldn’t be any challenge? Hmmm… Then you might toss in some weapons, planes, missions and over the shoulder view, just for the challenge! You would make some serious $$$ from it ;D
I am sure you’d find som ppl willing to play it!

I kinda meant GTA1 and that the graphics wouldn’t be a challenge. I’ve no expectation that I’d ever finish anything so what would be the point?

Kev

I sort of figured that’s what u meant. Seeing what you have done, I just gave it a shot to lure you into making GTA SA Java. :smiley: It would be really great to see some completed Java games really making use of 3D though. lwjgl 16K GTA SA? U know u want to :wink:

Its a possibility… maybe something a little less 3D… but we shall see…

LWJGL 16K - here I come…

Kev

do something like GTA1, giving the user a real feeling of speed, zoom the camera out with increasing speed…forget about the weapons and do something like DRIVER instead, where the whole point is to drive from A to B but encountering numerous obstacles like Police, Road Blocks etc.

Make it really hard to complete but add nice and easy controls and I’ll surely buy it.