Swing GUI on (Non-HUD) Rectangles

I am trying to find examples and wondering if it is possible to: render and communicate events with Swing GUI’s displayed (as textures) on 3D Rectangles (after being rotated, translated, and scaled).

Maybe I am wrong. But I am very sure, that this is definitely not possible. Sorry.

Marvin

You mean it’s not implemented. But it shouldn’t be too hard to implement it.
Do 3D picking on your plane, then transform the coordinates into the plane space, and convert them into pixel coordinates. Here it is.

Hi ketameme, Marvin and I just managed to get FengGUI running on Xith. Why dont you give it a try? :slight_smile:

check out www.fenggui.org

Johannes

PS: An “official” announcement will be made soon :stuck_out_tongue:

Is FengGUI capable of being rendered on an object insode a 3D scene? I think, this is what he wants to achive.

Marvin

[quote]Is FengGUI capable of being rendered on an object insode a 3D scene? I think, this is what he wants to achive.
[/quote]
There is no way to render FengGUI widgets on textures (efficiently) yet. But since they are rendered in the “normal” 3D space, there is no argument against modifying the projection and model matrix a bit.

I toyed around with the a bit couple of months ago and it worked quite well. It is a bit tricky though and I havent materialized an official example how to do that yet. We will probably come up with an example as soon as we have our little “effect framework” in place.

Johannes