sudoku4k

Hello!

You’re all invited to play this spare-time sudoku http://icecoffee.biz/java4k2006/sudoku4k.jnlp

Nice game! I’ve thought a lot about Sudoku (methods to solve it using AI, by logic and genetic algorithms and so on) but never actually tried to solve any. :slight_smile: So I didn’t crack that one, I blame lack of sleep. I have only got one suggestion: If it is possible to name the button “Solve” instead of “Sol” I think you should do it, as it would like a tiny bit better.

Apart from that, great game!

Did you use any GUI components or did you draw it all yourself using primitives?

And another question. Do the puzzels only have one solution (as a “real” Sudoku should have), I completely understand if you are just shuffling random numbers in some way according to the game rules to generate your puzzles.

Nice :slight_smile: ,
but one should really be able to mark fields, where you’re not sure, if it is the correct answer you’ve put there.
I had to make such a decision and it nearly worked, but only nearly. And by that time when I realized it, I had forgotten which fields I had to undo.

Well I played it and it seems so far to me like he’s generating them properly :slight_smile: I’ve written a Sudoku game of my own and discovered that you can’t simple throw in valid numbers and expect it to be solvable. Even if the numbers you put in are valid according to Sudoku rules, you may be setting up an impossible board. The fact that I haven’t run into an unsolvable one says to me that it looks like he’s doing it right! :slight_smile: Well done, I like it.

Yes, “Solve” is much more meaningful and the “components” are custom drawings.
You’re very right, a “real” Sudoku must have only one solution. (I ignore it initially) It’s a “difficult” point. I have modified the game to generate one-solution sudokus, however there are simple sudokus. Maybe the next weekend i’ll think a bit more about it and i’ll try to generate more difficult sudokus.

Thanks for the comments!

It’s a good idea. You could have 2 numbers in each cell, the actual big number in the center and other one small in a corner. I’ll try to add it. Thanks!