Starship Invaders (4k)

I’ve managed to hack the game down to 4kb, and it wasn’t easy :slight_smile: Had to cut off like 3 arms and 5 legs. But it’s playable, hopefully it’s still as fun.

http://www.stratzone.net/4k/starship/screenshot_big.jpg

Keys:
W = FORWARD
S = REVERSE
A = STRAFE LEFT
D = STRAFE RIGHT
(Note, all movement is relative to the rotation of the starship!)

Mouse:
Left-Click = Phasers

Special functions:
E = By pressing ‘E’ you travel at warp-speed (you need to press E in combination with W)

Other notes:
Closely monitor the minimap, as you can see where enemies are
Phaser banks recharge with time
Shields and hull recharge with time, but hull slower.

Score count:
Phaser hit = 1 point
Destroying a enemy with phasers = 30 (or total 70)

Description:
After years of war with the Dominion, Starfleet has run out of starships to defend against any invasion. You are the sole starship located near the Neutral Zone, and have detected a huge invasion fleet of Romulan Warbirds making their way to Federation Space. The future of the Federation rests in your hands, defend against the invaders.
Make sure no enemy ships make their way to Federation space, or else all is lost.

Make sure no enemy ships get from top (observe minimap closely) to bottom. Works very similar as Space Invaders, except it’s a lot bigger map and you have to dogfight every enemy vessel.

PLAY HERE: http://www.stratzone.net/4k/starship/starship.jnlp (4.084 bytes)

Good luck :slight_smile: remember to post your score.

ps. big thanks to woogley for helping me with the struggle of optimizing it :slight_smile:

Entirely awesome graphically, and quite fun to play. An extraordinary piece of programming, I dare say! :slight_smile:

I just wish my ship was faster. :slight_smile:

It is. Press ‘E’ while pressing ‘W’ to go to warp.

Nice game. I noticed that the phaser disappears after the first game but you can still kill the warbirds. For some reason the phaser line is not drawn. Your ship also jitters like crazy if you try to leave Federation space.

Thanks. The phaser should not disappear, I’ll fix that. The jittering is happens because the starship always travel in the direction of your mouse pointer, as you go down and reach the bottom then your mouse will start to lead the starship to go upward…and then again downward again. Just keep your mouse where you actually want the starship to go :slight_smile: I know, it’s not the prettiest thing, but it’s 4k!

Is there any Timelimit?
Because i got an “Game Over” without beeing destroyed. :o

denial. you were destroyed. admit it! :wink:

If enemies make it to the bottom then it’s game over.

Ahhhhhhhh, i should have read the Description ::slight_smile:

Game is nice…good job.
Tho i noticed a bug-when i died, i ve chosen new game…then i wasnt able to see my phasers…:wink: