Spiderball website and map archive:
Spiderball with replays (currently not 4k):
Currently, there’s a pretty low number of maps. It weighs in at ~3950 bytes, so there’s a bit of space for more maps (at least low-poly maps). Might replace some of these maps, too. I’m not doing injection so that just might decrease size further, at least for the maps?
Any maps made in the editor can be saved as a string (notepad, yay) and loaded again, and they can be loaded from within the game itself by pressing “L”. I’d love to see any maps you make (the map editor should be fairly easy to use), and I might use one or two of them in the game if you post them here
- Left click to fire yellow rope, right click to fire red rope.
- Z and X fires yellow/red ropes too, for mac users.
- Alternatively, holding CTRL lets you fire the red rope with left-clicks.
- Q and W to skip levels backwards and forward.
- L to load a map.
- Map editor has instructions in the editor window.
- In the replay version, press A to save a replay when it says “click to begin”, and A to load when in a game.
Above are screens of the game and editor.
As always, any comments or thoughts are appreciated and very welcome!
UPDATE: Better mac support.
UPDATE2: I’ve altered key firing. Now holding CTRL lets you shoot the red one with left-mouse, yellow is fired as usual (left-mouse with no key). Also, I’ve added Q and W for level skip.
UPDATE3: I’ve added a link to the version with replays, added a timer to both versions, and added a link to the game’s website.
Thanks to Laundon for website backend (map preview generation and stuff like that) and the very awesome replay functionality!
UPDATE4: Z and X fires the yellow/red ropes respectively for macs (ctrl+mouse works too). Also, one new map, level 10 (tricky one!).