In the last couple of weeks I was working on my game idea which I presented somewhere here as well, but I halted it down for various reason.
Instead of this game I started to work on a framework which I call Spck.
This framework will do somewhat similar as libgdx long term, but short term it will just be a simple tool that I will use for my projects. I created this topic to get some feedback if it will be usable for someone else too and I’d like to gather some ideas as well.
Features (in priority order):
- cross platform (opengl, vulkan, metal, directx) rendering via bgfx (through lwjgl), currently desktop only - done
- Java 11 modular structure - done
- Packaging via jlink
- Tools for shader loading, parsing
- ECS via Ashley
- Obj file importing via Assimp
- Batch rendering
- A simple input system
- A very simple UI framework
- A very simple sound system
- Tools for tiled map parsing
- Android support
- iOS support