Spaceball, my new game for mobile phones.

Hello J2ME fellows,

I have created a game for mobile phones called Spaceball http://www.spaceballthegame.com

In this website you can find all info about it. A free version is also available there and I’d be glad to read your review.

The reason I write this post is not only for promotion purposes but also to answer on questions about its “making of”
if you believe that there is something on it that you will need it also for your project.

Spaacebaaaaalls…watch out!! :smiley:

The game looks pretty cool, can’t wait until it comes out for iPhone.

Can see you’re going for that lcd display nintendo retro feel, but the game at the moment does not look like it ‘reads’ clearly to the player. Why? 1) there is no ‘damage’ graphics. This is necessary to give feedback on fail situation. 2) the missile and the alien with gun appear out of nowhere. They have no ‘story’ in the game. There should perhaps be clearer threat accumulaton, a base or something? Nevertheless, an excellent training game to see if you can make them so minimalist as they used to be.

At first thanks for the comments and the recommendations. I will take them into consideration.

@Karmington:

on a fail situation there are 3 kind of alarms:
i) a sad tone
ii) a vibration (almost every mobile phone supports this)
iii) the displaying of the remaining lifes in place of the score for 1-2 seconds.

However, maybe you are right that some kind of a blinking graphic around the player would trigger more attention on what bad happened and perhaps I will include it on a next version.