[Solved] No Email Confirmation

Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I recently registered under another username (phunni), but, when I set my email address, I never got the confirmation email and now I can’t log into that account. I tried filling in the resend email form, but it just took me round in circles with no emails being sent…

Is anyone able to help me?

Nevermind - I found the option to log in via Google and fixed it that way.

I never get emails about replies to my posts; I’ve given up trying to work out why.

Google considers mails from JGO spam, and doesn’t even deliver them into your spam-folder.

It’s out of Google’s character to block a programming forum, and surely they must be able to look at websites on a case-by-case basis.
Is there any way to get on Google’s good side and stop them from automatically blocking emails from JGO, other than each user having to list them? This must be a problem for GMail users on small-med forums

I haven’t found any email that works for registration, I have tried gmail and personally hosted emails

I also experienced this, even my own mail servers didn’t get any mail from JGO.

Okay, but how did you register? If you look at the register form, it doesn’t ask you for an emailaddress at all. Yes, you’re reading that correctly, JGO doesn’t care about your emailaddress during registration. It’s an 1999-era solution to fight spammers and bots, and a 2010-era solution to harras you with notifications, preying in your fear of missing out.

It’s very likely that you did not receive your activation-link, because JGO doesn’t send those as it doesn’t have your mail, it just accepts anybody as a member that can solve the registration quiz. Did I miss some register-form that still asks for an emailaddress? (SMF contains like a dozen login/register html-blocks)

You can change the email address in your preferences, when you try this it says it has to approve it (or something similar as I haven’t done it in a while). You then can’t log in to jgo with that login. I have a few accounts which were lost trying to set an email.

As suggested above, I tried to set my email to the correct address in the hopes of receiving post updates and that’s where I hit the problem.