Smartphone external IP problem

I’m trying to connect my game to the server and It’s working properly in the same network and unlocking the port forwarding in my router. So I can connect using my smartphone 3G/4G to my external IP from my router or both local.

Working: Same Network (Android-Client) --> Same Network (Desktop-Server).
Working: 3G/4G (Android-Client) --> My external IP from my router (Desktop-Server).

Working: Same Network (Android-Server) --> Same Network (Desktop-Client).
Not Working: 3G/4G (Android-Server) --> Same Network (Desktop-Client).

This is weird because I can’t ping to my 3G/4G external IP using ping command, but I can connect to my desktop server from 3G/4G android client.

I’m getting the external IP of Android device provider here (accessing with android browser): https://www.whatismyip.com/ but the ping to this IP don’t work.

Maybe 3G/4G internet protocol need some additional information in the address?? ???

Aha - how you go to this?)

Technically it’s useless idea.

But you may Use static IP forward to Linux (Android) ^^
(don’t sure but may work if do it right)
(*Connect phone to some forward IP then send data to this IP and IP send to phone)

Imho: you have no idea how network works XD
3G/4G IP - is Company Router hi have tousend connect phones to 1 IP, and when you send package to external IP you want hi magically resend them to you’r phone :smiley:

I’m just hosting the server using kyronet, but I can’t connect to Android server using the external IP and I really don’t know exactly how Mobile Providers works xD. But I already imagined that the ISP connection should not allow this, as there are various connected devices in the same link and I thought it could be some ID for each device where I could use to identify it… =(

I think the only way would be to have a separate server to manage both like you said.

So, I can’t connect Server --> Client using the mobile provider connection on server side, right? The client side using mobile provider works good, can send and receive properly.

Sollutions:

• Dedicated server to manage the connection.
  • LAN.
  • Virtual router options on Android (but only close devices can connect and not internet users =/).

Can ) but better don’t do that ^^
(only for p2p connect small game, not like game server for minecraft)

Sollutions:

• Dedicated server to manage the connection and resend data.
    *(VPN like hamachi)
  • Dedicated server that process all)
  • LAN.
  • WIFI Lan
  • Virtual router options on Android (but only close devices can connect and not internet users =/).
    –hack 3g Router and forward data on some port to you’r phone, or maybe buy legal static IP from 3g provider.

IMHO: for local lan use WIFI Lan,
for all other you can buy VPS it cost 10-20$ per month, for small game you don’t need more.
*Internet VPN to lan(android server) like cheat, harder to implement - not so easy like VPS.

I don’t want be rude.
But it not ethical, is this so hard write: “Ok” or “Thanks” or at least anything “I read it”
Or click “no one care” medal button.

This is so frustrating when you wasting time on some one and hi even can’t say that hi read answer on own question.

Nothing personal: I don’t say all this if that was first time, or second, or third …^^

P.s That why I so rarely answer someone - many of them don’t care answer XD

pp.s And yes many ppl here doing the same, but its wrong really)
Its destroy forum and mood to do something. People let be ethical and tolerant - please!!!

No reply doesn’t mean they didn’t read it. Also, I think that omitting the one-word “thanks” posts is better, because then if someone else comes to this post with the same problem they can read the posts that actually help them.

Side note: I would hope that most people don’t need the confidence boost of someone saying “thanks” after their post, just my thoughts.

That why forum have “Appreciate” button :point:

If no one give you needed answer,
or you don’t need it any more
or find self solution say THAT )

IMHO: If you can’t even say thanks to someone why other must help you?

IMHO 2: I understand that all useless, but at least I try.

p.s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EloDnA1_XEU

Not everyone has time to read the forums every day. Or even care or notice the medal awarding system. Plus you come off as a needy imaginary point hustler - it’s only been a day.

More importantly, however, I don’t see any particularly “medal” worthy (indulging their superficial merit for the moment) content other than a sign of interest to the OT.

p.s gratitude != respect

my 2cents

Thanks for help and clarification Muttley.