Sky/Space panorama generator

Does anyone know a Sky/Space panorama generator ?

I have found this one. It generates quite good panorama image. But when I apply it to a background sphere, the result is poor.

No one likes me !!! :’( :’( :’( :’( :’(

Then I will make you all pay for this >:( I will make my own one !.. hooo wait, I allready done one :stuck_out_tongue:

So my first version of my sky generator, really raw version, the code is a mess (not that mush ::)). But it works as I want.

I’m looking for a space sky generator too. Yours even works right in my MacBook. Are you sharing your source?

Not bad - I’d love to see you do a normal sky version or have an option for that.

I hope so it work under Mac ;). It is java 1.5 “only”.
There is the source. As I said, the code is “a few” dirty.
Basically, I generate all object (stars, planette, gaz) and then I do raycasting for each pixel :

• Stars are spheres
  • Gaz are done with a 3D perlin noise.
  • Planettes are perpendiculary bitmaps to the view.

For normal sky, I will take a look later. It should not be too mush different from this one. Several suns with bitmap or sphere. Moon with bitmaps. Clouds with a 3D perlin noise (but it need a varation on the final function I think).

By the way, if you have planet bitmap or extra other bitmap (galaxie, black hole,…) that can be add, I will gladly to (there are png file with transparency)

Thanks for the source. Your tool is already very useful.

First tries for the normal sky. It is not simple to get the right parameters and formula. But I have made the code far more cleaner now ;D

Those look pretty real to me :slight_smile:

A little more work on it ;D

I had difficulties to create a sphere with several textures without having big problem betwen part of different textures.

So… why not generating textures from an “.obj” file :wink: ?

• 8 part sphere added
  • 6 part spherified cube added (far better than sphere)

There is still some glitch betwen textures but it is better than before. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is very neat!

Great work!

wow that’s pretty nice .

I’ll take a look in the source code to see if I can make it a little faster so I can use in my game .

good job

edit :I just added it to my game (with slight modifications) and I am using it now. If you think that’s not okay, just tell me and I’ll remove it.
Thanks anyway for the sourcecode :slight_smile:

For normal sky, I will take a look later. It should not be too mush different from this one. Several suns with bitmap or sphere. Moon with bitmaps. Clouds with a 3D perlin noise (but it need a varation on the final function I think).
By the way, if you have planet bitmap or extra other bitmap (galaxie, black hole,…) that can be add, I will gladly to (there are png file with transparency)

charms