Scoreloop.com

Just got an email from scoreloop.com. Apparantly they have a custom highscore service that can be integrated into games. Anyone has any experience with them/ knows what they are all about?

Thanks,

Martin

Don’t let spam be a viable advertising option!

Spam? I think their offer is quite interesting. They seem more advanced than for example Score Ninja which is the only other highscore service I know of.

Jewels is a popular game that has recently started using ScoreLoop.

It is still spam.

I’m slightly disappointed to hear that they are resorting to unsolicited e-mails; one wouldn’t think that would be necessary for their kind of service.

You can check their site, in any case. They’re one of the “social”/on-line highscore firms that are also active on iPhone, who are not looking to move their operation over to Android. I have been eyeballing their service for quite a while, and am strongly considering implementing it for my games.

Basically, your users need to have a profile on their services which is then valid across all games that use scoreloop. They make their money off selling “coins”, which can be used for head-to-head challenges between gamers… (i.e., to get highest score) if you implement that feature. Revenue generated by coin packs bought is shared with the developer.

I’m not convinced the Android SDK is 100% mature yet (I ran into a FC on Jewels when trying to access Scoreloop functionality - never a good sign), but I am still exploring it for my own apps, so the jury remains out.

OK - very interesting. Do you know if there are any competitors? They seem to be the most advanced highscore service on Android it seems to me. I think I will give it a shot with my next game.

We discussed Scoreloop and the Android alternatives available in this thread.