Scene2D replacement for Window

I was very unhappy with how Window works in scene2d.ui. I think it was purposefully made without any dependency on the other Widgets, however that decision makes the window difficult to use and extend.

Here is the exact problem I had with Window, if you have not tried it.
The title and side-buttons easily end up behind the content in the Window, and the Window can be dragged even when clicking buttons inside the content area.

So I made a version of it where only the top of the window can be dragged, and the elements behave according to table-layout. The title is no longer an awkwardly rendered BitmapFontCache, but a Label.

Here’s the code (Frame is the interesting one):
MovableTable on PasteBin
Frame on PasteBin

Here is a demo of the following code for the Window in scene2d.ui:

private void createAndShowGUI(Stage stage) {
		window = new Window("Jeg er et vindue",app.getSkin());
		window.setTitleAlignment(Align.left);
		window.padTop(25f);

ImageButton close = new ImageButton(app.getSkin(), "closeDialog");
		window.getButtonTable().add(close);

stage.addActor(window);

TextButton textButton;
		for (int i = 0; i < 25; i++) {
			textButton = new TextButton(Integer.toString(i), app.getSkin());
			window.add(textButton);
			if ((i + 1) % 5 == 0) {
				window.row();
			}
		}
		window.pack();
}

Here is a demo of the Frame (the so-called improvement):

private void createAndShowGUI(Stage stage) {
		window = new Frame("Jeg er et vindue",app.getSkin());

stage.addActor(window);

TextButton textButton;
		for (int i = 0; i < 25; i++) {
			textButton = new TextButton(Integer.toString(i), app.getSkin());
			window.addContent(textButton);
			if ((i + 1) % 5 == 0) {
				window.rowContent();
			}
		}
		window.pack();
}

Constructive criticism is VERY welcome!!

I am quite unhappy with the way dragging was limited to just the top of the Frame, but I was out of ideas. I am also quite unhappy with the fact that Window requires both ImageButtonStyle, and LabelStyle as well as MovableTableStyle.

Window was one of the first widgets in scene2d.ui and was built in a simple way. scene2d.ui has evolved a lot since then and Window is probably overdue for a rewrite. It shouldn’t be too hard to write your own, as you found. When building an app with scene2d.ui, don’t hesitate to build widgets specifically for your application.

I would be extremely grateful for an “official” rewrite of the Window, as I did run into some design problems with the one I threw together. Especially since I could not make the vanilla Window work in a neat fashion to save my life. Sorry. :frowning:
I would request pushing this to the git, only the quality of this code is not so good. I would have loved to override Table#add() and Table#row(), among a few other hacky odd things. Eh. ::slight_smile:

Anyway, I shared this so that people have the option to save that development time should they be unhappy with the current Window. Suggestions as to how to improve this code is very welcome.