SantaClaus

Hello guys.
I invite everybody to try my new game SantaClaus - www.picadorstudio.com.
This game will take part in 4K Game Competition.

Have a lot of fun:).

Ho Ho Ho. You have to be quick! I can jump down between platforms, but am not doing very well jumping up.

I think it could do with gravity being lowered a bit. At the moment jumps seem to need to be pixel-perfect.

I came to the 5th or so screen where there is a lift going back and fourth. Gravity feels very off indeed (not a smooth curve but more like go max speed up for x pixels and then go max speed down until you hit a floor).

You are right. Something strange is with gravity. Now I can see it.
Thanks for point at this problem. You know, when you test something and lunch the game hundred of times you just learn it with all its imperfections.
It looks that the engine needs to be rebuilt a little.

Does anybody win the game? How do you judge it?

Yeah, jumping is hard.
But Level-Design looks good. Didn’t get it to the end, till now. Will retry when u made some changes.

Took me a while to notice that the next Level is to the right, and u don’t need all presents.

Thank you for replay.
I am working on J4K 2D platform engine to put much more effort on level design and performance of the games.
The idea is that the elements on the screen displayed during play may be classified and tend in general way, so it is possible to define all of them in one place, different elements for different games independently of engine.
SantaClaus runs on early version of this engine.

Wish me luck:)