SABAT Fight Arena - 3D fighter

Hello everyone !

My second 3D project. This time the game was made in JMonkey and it turned out to be quite good choice. The pipeine is fast and the engine is quite robust. I took me about 9 months to make it but in general I would say only 5-6 went to programming. Would I recommend JMonkey…? I think yes. It is quite decent engine.

Right now the game is available only on Steam platform for PC only. And again I ship the game along with the jre. To make it work I converted bat into exe. In previous project I used Bat_To_Exe_Converter app. Now I use Advenced BAT to EXE Converter v4. It gets flagged by not as many antivirus software(below 3%).

Libs

The game is a pure JMonkey project except for the Lemur lib - which is UI lib and kind of internal to JMonkey.

Game

The game is a 3d fighter. Singleplayer. 20 characters. 21 stages. Intro and 20 outros for each character. For that I used mjpeg format + separate audio in ogg format. I couldn’t find system-independent video solution hence separation into video and audio.

Tools

I developed the game in native SDK which is NetBeans + some JMonkey tools. It’s an awful IDE but I managed to finish somehow :-).

I also used Blender and MakeHuman for characters along with tons of animations(bvh) imported using MakeWalk lib.

If you have any questions regarding the game or releasing to Steam I will be happy to answer.

Download

Check out the game on Steam and please follow me on twitter for news, updates, re-tweets, pics, info & more on my new projects.

Steam

Twitter
Twitter

Screenshots

I watched gameplay video on steam… animations looks alittle wierd :D, but I got it, its like 2d fighting but made in 3d :smiley:

Yeah… It’s kinda a separate genre like 2.5D or whatever. Also a topic of great debate in fighting game community if 3D must be a true 3D with all the freedom or not.

Well I guess its mostly depends on implementation, and how much complexity and depth is in figthing system of a specific game.

I think the animations could be smoother considering it’s 3d, but really good job! It looks playable and fun.

Btw do it have that kinda stuff like Dash Cancel or Combo Break? ;D