Run Over Zombies [Updated]

http://meatfighter.com/j4k2009/zombies/

Inexplicably satisfying :wink:

Nice little engine.

I was getting a little bored after rescuing about 16 scientists but managed to pull through to get em all with 83100 zombie points.

This is very impressive, considering the 4 Ko limitation… And insanely difficult too !

Crazy story, crazy game, crazy fun!

And crazy name too !!!

Haha, cool idea. Lots of fun.

[quote]Nice little engine.

I was getting a little bored after rescuing about 16 scientists but managed to pull through to get em all with 83100 zombie points.
[/quote]
Well done. The IBC would be proud.

I must admit I hadn’t the skill to find more than 5 scientists… Is there anything very special at the end of the game to motivate us to try again ?

BTW, good job with your little screen-shot ploy ;D

[quote]BTW, good job with your little screen-shot ploy
[/quote]
Thanks. The screen shot and game concept are actually from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Race_(1976_game)

The concept’s fun and it’s nice to see a 3D engine, but it has a couple of frustrating problems. The near plane is too far, so I kept finding myself stuck against walls I couldn’t see until I reversed, and there seem to be z-order issues which cause zombies and scientists to appear to walk through walls. Also 32 scientists is just too long. I got bored and stopped playing half-way through.

Please switch the colors of the zombies and the scientists.

• scientists: green
  • zombies: red

blue/greyish zombies with red splattering would be even better :wink:

Cool game with a nice 3d engine. But would it be possible to slide along the walls you run into instead of stopping dead? And I agree with the other post about the near plane – I kept finding walls were disappearing on me as I got too close!

[quote]Also 32 scientists is just too long. I got bored and stopped playing half-way through.
[/quote]
I reduced it to 8 scientists.

[quote]would it be possible to slide along the walls you run into instead of stopping dead?
[/quote]
Done.

[quote]The near plane is too far, so I kept finding myself stuck against walls I couldn’t see until I reversed, and there seem to be z-order issues which cause zombies and scientists to appear to walk through walls.
[/quote]
Unfortunately, I can fix this due to the size constraint.

[quote]Please switch the colors of the zombies and the scientists.
[/quote]
I tried that, but red zombies get camouflaged against your bloody windshield.

[quote]Is there anything very special at the end of the game to motivate us to try again ?
[/quote]
Nothing really to write home about. ;D But, the latest round of changes should make playing the game easier. Give it another shot if you’re up to it.

All these changes look interesting ! I wonder how you find the time to work on so many projects, zeroone… So I will try to end your Run Over Zombies after getting some rest, because I feel deeply tired at the end of this week-end of Java madness ! And it’s still not finished…

I’ll be playing / reviewing this one tonight. Looking forward to the adjustments.