RFLEX *Available on Steam*

@Emmsii

I used steamworks4j. It’s pretty simple to set up.

@Baseball435

I’m hesitating to enter the mobile market; the controls just aren’t that good on there (believe me, I’ve tried :P).

What did you try? I would think getting a direction from a swipe anywhere on the touchscreen and hold the position as long as the finger still touches the screen would be perfect!

Also you could do the drunken mode by switching the controls to the acceleration sensor ::slight_smile:

But what about all those smartphones that will be accidently flung into medium sized ponds due to this game.

@cylab

The swiping thing is what everyone suggests, but it is just not fast enough for this game. The closest I could get to good controls was a virtual joystick. Although I haven’t tried it yet, the accelerometer idea doesn’t sound like it would work out well. As with the virtual joystick, it wouldn’t allow for enough precision to play the game.

Actually I don’t see any difference between the swiping thing and a virtual joystick other than that you don’t have to hit the virtual joysticks head to move it. Am I missing something?

The accelerometer was for drunken mode. I thought drunken mode is not meant to be a serious control anyway or is it?

You probably did that already, but if not I would really try hard to make this work on mobiles - seems like a perfect fit at least with the target audience. If it really can’t be made fun, you can still ditch it - but you have added some practice to your mobile-porting-skills…

Just purchased this for me and a friend. The game is brutal! I love it !

I love how you still write and share about your day and experiences! You feel like such a real, nice, and humble person because of this!