Revenge of the Titans

Original post:
Revenge of the Titans is coming on nicely! It’s got VBO based rendering now and has finally escaped the 320x320 window we’ve been using for the last 3 games. Prepare for Webstart links to an alpha demo in the next few days!

Update:

Revenge of the Titans is completed! RotT is a mash up of tower defense, real-time strategy, and… Cakemania! Defend your base from hordes of oncoming Titan invaders by craftily placing turrets along their path, whilst mining resources to pay for your equipment. Research and develop new technology in between levels. Features a campaign with 50 levels, an endless mode, and survival mode (against the clock).

We’re just in the process of updating the website with new video and images and so on.

Downloads and more information can be found at Puppygames.

Cas :slight_smile:

wow, must say its looking awesome.

You wouldn’t believe how long we spent getting the rocks right. A whole month. And then another week when it turned out they weren’t fast enough. It’s still dropping to 30fps on my craptop on the Moon :frowning:

well the attention to detail certainly shows through, looking very pretty and I’m sure will be equally nice animated :slight_smile:

any plans for a trailer or something to hype up the game more?

Yes, Chaz likes doing videos :slight_smile: (Did you see the Hoff sequence?)

oooh cool, guess I missed that one :slight_smile:

link

Nice! I really like the graphical style! Looking very good I must say!

Impressivsupermazing!!!

That classical composition has been used in so many videogames. :stuck_out_tongue:

That particular one is by a Japanese composer (I forget who off the top of my head). We’ve got an actual properly arranged-from-scratch one in the game now. Along with arrangements of Purcell’s Death of Mary Queen Of Scots, Pink Floyd’s One Of These Days I’m Going To Cut You Into Little Pieces, Kate Bush’s Hello Earth, and a few others besides. The music’s dead good :slight_smile:

What is the minimal supported version of OpenGL? 1.5? 1.4? 1.3?

1.3 I think. Possibly 1.2. Probably won’t be fast enough if the drivers are that old though. It requires a pretty beefy machine to run - with VBOs and 2GHz and a decent fill rate.

Very nice! How did you do the explosions? and the screen shakes? Obviously that’s just a transform but how do you make it look good?

Great progress!

The explosions are just loads and loads of particles, with several emitters; each particle can also have an emitter attached, and itself be animated. It’s all defined in XML.

Screen shakes… well you’re right, it’s just a wibbly transform applied for a few moments. No rocket science there!

Can’t wait to try it out. I hope this game becomes your “big break” and makes you oodles of money.

That looks quite possibly even more polished than any of the previous games you have made. Gameplay also looks like it could be even more interesting. Best of luck with everything!

Oh I’m ready!!! 8)

I got my creditcard ready ;D

Only 2 bugs left to fix before the alpha!

nice, now get back to coding and get it done :slight_smile:

It must be ready by now ;D

Everyone put pressure on prince!!!