Revenge of the Bleating Sheep 4K

The Bleating Sheep is out for revenge, and he wields an army of part-cloned, part-cyborg sheep. You are earth’s last hope. You must be victorious.

Visit the Revenge of the Bleating Sheep web site for the complete storyline, video and game downloads.

Is it just my system, or is there a timer problem? Shots and sheep do not move smoothly, but with a certain ‘stuttering’. It’s just a little bit, but clearly noticeable.

BTW, I was thoroughly disappointed when the game itself did not feature the neat 3D rendering from your post… I was especially looking forward to seeing a VERY decent texture compression algorithm.

Kudos to you for providing a 15 MB accompanying video for a 4K entry! Loved the soundtrack and, errr, story line…

LOL… awesome plot. Those 3D pics are great. I need to change my description on the Games List…

[quote]Is it just my system, or is there a timer problem? Shots and sheep do not move smoothly, but with a certain ‘stuttering’. It’s just a little bit, but clearly noticeable.

BTW, I was thoroughly disappointed when the game itself did not feature the neat 3D rendering from your post… I was especially looking forward to seeing a VERY decent texture compression algorithm.

Kudos to you for providing a 15 MB accompanying video for a 4K entry! Loved the soundtrack and, errr, story line…
[/quote]
Thanks. The video as you might have guessed from the copyright date was created a few years go, this character is an old one of mine. The render’s are new though.

I’m sorry to anyone who is expecting a 3D game :slight_smile: I was toying with the idea of putting the phrase “actual screenshot” below the render, but didn’t.

Regarding the frame rate issue, I checked it out and I see what you mean. I was developing on a Mac and this didn’t come up. I made a few changes which I think has fixed this problem. Alas, the deadline has passed so I guess I can’t update my official entry with this bugfix :-[

@woogley, thanks ;D. Did you get my email? I sent you a screenshot to use. Did you know that http://woogley.net/contact.php produces a 404 error on your site? I had to use google to find your email addy :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Will.

Sure you can. The judges will judge what they download. The list is alphabetical, and your game starts with an “R” so I would bet that the judges havent judged your game yet. I say update it! :wink:

Ah I didn’t even notice that made a 404. I think that was just a test link I came up with when I was making the layout and never did anything with it… I appreciate the report though. And no, I didn’t get an e-mail :-X
What address did you use?

About my e-mail, in case you haven’t notice to the left, under my avatar… There’s an PM link, a yahoo! link, an AIM link, and most importantly- an e-mail link! ;D Sometimes the things you’re looking for are right under your nose!

OK cool, thanks. It was a very minor fix, but it makes a difference in Windows.

woogley@woogley.net, found it on a java forum profile page I think.

Bloody hell, so it is. I swear I checked there first, I normaly do. I guess I just went to your web site assuming it would be there somewhere. I’ll resend to your correct address.

Cheers,

Will.

[quote]BTW, I was thoroughly disappointed when the game itself did not feature the neat 3D rendering from your post… I was especially looking forward to seeing a VERY decent texture compression algorithm.
[/quote]
Hehe thats exactly like the old computergames like Commodore 64 games and some Amiga games. The game was in a nicely decorated box but the game itself often sucked :smiley:

and they had more than 4K too!

Will.

For those who enjoyed the first video, I created a teaser trailer years ago for the sequal which still hasn’t been made (and may not ever be). You can download it here: http://tanksoftware.com/rotbs4k/ROTBS-Teaser1_v2.avi

Also, I’m interested to hear feedback from the 4K game. Too easy? Too hard? fun? boring?

Will.

Holy Sheep!! (Couldn’t resist :wink: )

Cool stuff :slight_smile: