Remove Tanks

Hi, I made a game in the spirit of Battle City from Nintendo, but with some my features, for example bombers, ships, trains and more.

I use:

• Java and LibGDX
  • Box2D and Box2D lights
  • Ashley Entity Framework
  • Tiled Map Editor
    and more.

-eBp3BJnGEI

Everything on video is my work.
What do you think about that?

The artwork and animation looks good, there’s nothing sticking out as bad or “does not fit the art style”

I personally don’t really like this type of gameplay, with all the twitchyness and constrained movement, but i can’t say anything about your game specifically, because there’s no download link.

Sooo, where’s the the demo? :smiley:

Thanks for feedback.
There is no demo here, becouse there are no levels (only simple test levels). Currently I working on mechanics, entities, environment graphics and simple tasks as higligting on hit and so on.
I will publish the demo as soon as possible.

well looks good, i like this kind of games, i would like to play demo asap.

Some new scenery.

I’m waiting for a demo too :stuck_out_tongue:

Same level rendered with 3 different settings, and texture higlight on hit.

LOxPQubPtKA

Completely rebuilt code.

0t0JoCd9_BA

The game is not yet ready but I posted the code on github.
https://github.com/MateuszDlugosz/RemoveTanks

Hi! I’ve tried to compile it and run it with Eclipse, but on start got this error:

Exception in thread "LWJGL Application" remove.tanks.game.locale.translation.TranslationXmlLoadException: locales/translations/_en.xml
	at remove.tanks.game.locale.translation.TranslationXmlLoader.loadTranslation(TranslationXmlLoader.java:35)
	at remove.tanks.game.configuration.component.locale.LocaleSupplierConfiguration$LocaleSupplier.supplyComponent(LocaleSupplierConfiguration.java:21)
	at remove.tanks.game.configuration.component.locale.LocaleSupplierConfiguration$LocaleSupplier.supplyComponent(LocaleSupplierConfiguration.java:1)
	at remove.tanks.game.application.context.component.provider.SingletonComponentProvider.provideComponent(SingletonComponentProvider.java:19)
	at remove.tanks.game.application.context.ApplicationContext.getComponent(ApplicationContext.java:90)
	at remove.tanks.game.level.LevelLoader.getResourcesMap(LevelLoader.java:47)
	at remove.tanks.game.level.LevelLoader.loadLevel(LevelLoader.java:34)
	at remove.tanks.game.configuration.component.level.LevelSupplierConfiguration$MenuLevelPresenterSupplier.supplyComponent(LevelSupplierConfiguration.java:107)
	at remove.tanks.game.configuration.component.level.LevelSupplierConfiguration$MenuLevelPresenterSupplier.supplyComponent(LevelSupplierConfiguration.java:1)
	at remove.tanks.game.application.context.component.provider.SingletonComponentProvider.provideComponent(SingletonComponentProvider.java:19)
	at remove.tanks.game.application.context.ApplicationContext.lambda$0(ApplicationContext.java:62)
	at com.google.common.collect.ImmutableList.forEach(ImmutableList.java:397)
	at remove.tanks.game.application.context.ApplicationContext.<init>(ApplicationContext.java:60)
	at remove.tanks.game.GameApplication.create(GameApplication.java:37)
	at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication.mainLoop(LwjglApplication.java:149)
	at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication$1.run(LwjglApplication.java:126)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: [Ljava.lang.Object; cannot be cast to [Lcom.badlogic.gdx.utils.XmlReader$Element;
	at remove.tanks.game.locale.translation.TranslationXmlLoader.loadTranslation(TranslationXmlLoader.java:28)
	... 15 more

The translation file is one of the first loaded file from the assets folder (should be first loaded), so I think you must link assets directory as resource directory in Eclipse. I using Intellij Idea and I never had that problem.

If you can put logs in reply, and please try this solution from first reply: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26195511/libgdx-project-cant-find-assets-folder

Demo is here: https://mateuszdlugosz.itch.io/removetanks

nice game, thanks for the demo! My score in the end on first run was 755 points, not too bad :stuck_out_tongue:

The graphics are pleasantly consistent and it runs very well, no hitches :slight_smile:

Disclaimer: I’m not a fan of this type of game, it’s too twitchy for my taste…

Finished the first mission, started the second… and it was just like the first one but with more enemy tanks :emo:
You should definitely introduce something new in the second mission, the player needs to get a sneak preview of whats to come, you need to hook em early or they will get bored and leave.

Thanks guys.

In the last month, I managed to introduce a lot of new things such as moving damageable blocks, spikes, weather effects, message printer for simple story, camera shakes, and more.

Currently i looking for a team in another topic: http://www.java-gaming.org/topics/looking-for-a-team-remove-tanks-game/38541/view.html

I like it. Good to see you making progress, keep it up! :slight_smile: