R4k

webstart here:

http://www.myjavaserver.com/~gareth/R4k.jnlp

tested on windows.

Unfortunatelly, now im at really slow intel graphic comp, so performance is trouble. But, as I can see, idea is pretty original and fresh and game is fun.

Could we have a non-full screen version? Bit disturbing at work to have the screen taken over :slight_smile:

Looks good though didn’t get much change to play.

Kev

Awesome, didn’t try it out for long though, bit busy. Looks really nice.

Ran dog slow here =(

I think this machine may have an ati card… (also 2 monitors and Win2000 if that has any impact)

The blur looks vaguely familiar :wink:

Ran fine for me, nice concept. The motion blur is a really nice touch, good job!

Interesting concept. Love the motion blur… and sound too :slight_smile: Maybe there’s too many ships though, as it’s so busy, I don’t really get a feeling of motion around the course.

Alan :slight_smile:

Dog slow on my home pc too (around 20-30fps i’d say) - do u not have the transaccel flags set?

Should be getting several 100fps rendering so little.

The fps is limited with a sleep(1000/28) XD, isnt that smooth enough?
The reason that it is slower than that if it is howerver is likely due to the heavy use of transparency.

Very slow… hard to control… likely the two are related.

Speed it up and I think it has potential.

Definetly a neat idea - but as others have reported, runs very slow. Perhaps it would be faster if it’s not full screen.

I have changed it to windowed (not uploaded it tho). but now i find that it runs much faster on 1.5 than 1.4. And using all the flags i know doesnt make any difference either.

game looks very good, but speed makes it somewhat very hard to play. maybe setting nodirectdraw might help performance and using lower resolution.

I uploaded a new windowed version.

Didn’t try the earlier version, but game ran very nice and smooth here (Win XP, Java 1.5).

It seemed to be a bit picky on how well you have to hit the marks sometimes though. I tried to grab it with the tail and looked like most of the arrow was over the marker, but it still missed. Didn’t stand a chance against computer competitors, even though the controlls were smooth :-\

I agree. The computer players are very hard to beat, I didn’t really stand a chance either. I’m on the same config as jojoh, and it’s fairly smooth here as well. Good thing there’s now a windowed version, by the way :smiley:

yeah - make the AI more stupid, so it’s possible to manage the first level - or is there only one level?

Only one level, i should ad more tho sometime.

game much improved since i last played it, its nice and playable now, but either i’m just crap at it or the AI is super good :slight_smile:

Ran perfectly fine for me. I really love the look and the gameplay idea, but I couldn’t even keep from getting lapped let alone keep up :wink: