Question: Image uploads + Showcase Order

I have a couple questions. First, Is there a way to upload/attach images to posts? Second, Why is the “Showcase” section the only one that does not show topics in order of the last post time?

I thought there was an image tag. You would probably have to use one of those image upload providers though.

As for the Showcase, I just force it to by clicking the top of the bar by “last post” time. But, I was always wondering this myself, maybe to prevent necro-bumping to keep your post on the top? :persecutioncomplex:

Well obviously… But when someone is just bumping a game just for the sake of bumping it, it will be incredible obvious.
But when I would post like “Hey here some DLC for free and the core game is now cheaper” or stuff like that… shouldnt that get a bump ? =/

Riven changed that to give much exposure to new games and to avoid chatty threads to become too much visible. I’m not convinced by the efficiency of his choice, almost nobody really sees that I post some updates, my game appears in the 8th or 9th pages, someone spending a very little time on several games will get a bigger exposure than someone spending a lot of time on a single project. There is no perfect solution anyway.

Well, the URL of the image in this topic is http://user-generated-content.java-gaming.org/img-vault/3b76dcd6a7975efe330237f03ffacce90cb673031d934ab356747c56e3a935ba.png. I think there are other users with images at similar URLs.

Wah…? Riven you can’t be serious right? If new projects should get Attention then I would make a sub forum for new projects which will be there for a week or a month and moved to the normal show case after this. I always wondered WHY there are noe updates to the games I follow here :confused: (I don’t often write something for games I like)

My code plows through threads, lifting the images from them, and storing it on disk. This is to ensure the images will still be in the threads when these are removed from the server, or the server goes down. In old threads there are a lot of missing images, and this should prevent it.

TL;DR:
There is no direct way to upload images to JGO. Just upload it somewhere else and JGO will pull it in. :persecutioncomplex:

I don’t know about you guys, but I never actually look at sub-forum lists. The only thing I do is click on that nifty “Show unread posts since epoch” link at the top. If anyone posts an update to any game, I’ll see it.

Same with me, just list unread posts.

Cool feature. Well done, too. It would be great if you could upload images without leaving the site.

I don’t use the show unread posts things because I don’t usually read all the new posts. I often ignore posts in the “Java Game APIs & Engines” sections and the “Networking & Multiplayer” section for example and often prioritize which sections to look at first depending on what types of topics I want to read.

Best ignore feature for those: Click, load, back. :smiley:

But yeah, I prefer the since epoch thing. Or, if you’ve posted in the thread that the game’s from, you can click ‘Show new replies to your posts’, since that just tracks threads that you’ve posted in. :3

Done! Check out the [MY FILES] item in the header.