Putting together a game and a team.

Hey guys, I thought I’d post here to say that I’m working on a game I have in mind.

The type of game is above Text Based, and below 2D, a step below Mario, or Pokemon.

Currently, it is being developed on java2D, no libraries, as it's such a simplistic game in theory, that you don't need a dedicated graphics unit to run the game.

If the majority of people who work on the game with me want to port it to a game library, I’d be more than happy to.

I call it interface based, I'm unsure of that sort of classification but oh well. By Interface Based I mean that you interact with the game by clicking on menu's and choose options most of the time.

Some parts of the game will use dynamic 2D graphics, but that's only when the game requires the player to interact in real time with a certain object, or participate in a specific activity.

It's an RPG, where the player starts out in a small town in the midst of 6 factions at war (or neutrality) and your goal is to pick which of the 6 you are against, and defeat them, as well as fighting monsters in the wild areas of the game, the game can be continued past that point, but that's about it.

Gather the best resources, craft the best items, Complete missions, and slay the mightiest beasts of each Attribute Wild.

I have discussed the game's storyline and mechanics to friends and some say that they think of Desktop Dungeons, or Dwarf Fortress when I talk about it.

I have most of the skills, combat, Quests/Missions, and other developments thought out, but I don't want to go at it alone.

The game world can be extensive depending on how many areas we are willing to compose by hand. Even more by generating them randomly after we've had enough manual initialization... 

This is mainly a project I work on a little at a time as I'm in no rush. I know most of what I'm doing.

For graphics, I'd like some help, but I could do it myself if no-one else is up for it.

If you want to show off your artistic abilities, you are welcome to considering the parameters of the game.
If you want to implement awesome quests and other storylines, you can!
If you want to come up with game ideas go ahead. ;D

If you're interested, please PM me, reply in the bottom, or add me on skype: HolodoboloH.

I may put the game out to the public for profit it people are interested, and the people who helped work on it also agree to, and they will have a fair share of all future profits.