Problem

Hi guys

I know it is not the first time that this error is posted but is anyone else getting this error?

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.vecmath.Matrix4f.setTranslation(Ljavax/vecmat
h/Tuple3f;)V
        at org.xith3d.scenegraph.Transform3D.lookAt(Transform3D.java:692)
        at org.xith3d.scenegraph.View.lookAt(View.java:437)
        at org.xith3d.scenegraph.View.<init>(View.java:779)
        at org.xith3d.render.base.Xith3DEnvironment.<init>(Xith3DEnvironment.jav
a:796)
        at org.xith3d.render.base.ExtXith3DEnvironment.<init>(ExtXith3DEnvironme
nt.java:498)
        at org.xith3d.render.base.ExtXith3DEnvironment.<init>(ExtXith3DEnvironme
nt.java:536)
        at org.teg.game.Game.<init>(Game.java:312)
        at org.teg.game.Starter.runGame(Starter.java:95)
        at org.teg.game.Starter.onStartButtonPressed(Starter.java:41)
        at org.xith3d.utility.canvas.DisplayOptions.actionPerformed(DisplayOptio
ns.java:128)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:18
49)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.jav
a:2169)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel
.java:420)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:258
)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonL
istener.java:234)
        at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5488)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3093)
        at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:5253)
        at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:1966)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3955)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2024)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3803)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4212
)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3892)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3822)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2010)
        at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:1766)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3803)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:463)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchTh
read.java:234)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThre
ad.java:163)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)

It only occurs in my university pc.

Rafael

I was getting odd vecmath problems but fixed it by using the kh*jar (dont remember exact spelling) vecmath that come with the distribution.

This is the exact reason. Please use the vecmath-kh.jar.

Does everyone agree to remove the vecmath.jar from SVN? It only confuses people.

Marvin

+1

+1

Rafael

OK, I will do that domorrow. I’m very drung now and don’r feel able to do that. But tomorrw I will…

Marvin

Drunk ?

Yes, one of my colleagues at work had his stag night yesterday evening and I had a lot of beer ;D.

vecmath.jar is now deleted.

:o :o :o

:smiley:

Seems that I have the same problem in an older code:

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.vecmath.Matrix4f.setTranslation(Ljavax/vecmath/Tuple3f;)V
at org.xith3d.scenegraph.Transform3D.lookAt(Transform3D.java:691)
at org.xith3d.scenegraph.View.lookAt(View.java:436)
at org.xith3d.scenegraph.View.(View.java:778)
at org.xith3d.render.base.Xith3DEnvironment.(Xith3DEnvironment.java:796)
at org.xith3d.render.base.Xith3DEnvironment.(Xith3DEnvironment.java:839)

But I use the vecmath-kh… and the java version is the 1.5.0_09…

What the F*** ?! argh

K problem solved…

I had the same Problem few weeks ago. While looking for help I found a thread where someone wrote that reinstalling the jre could fix it. So I installed the newest version and the problem was gone…

And that was exact the same! I reinstalled the 1.5.0_09 and it works now …
But whats the reason for this ‘‘crash’’ ?? Its the second time that I use to spend some time for an unnecessary problem like that >:(
and on top of that it is not my fault or the fault from xith…

Ask Sun. ;D
It’s nasty, it happened to me that Eclipse couldn’t find some methods which I had just in front of me… pretty disappointing :slight_smile:

Anyway, I’ll be happy when everyone have JDK 6 (including me)

And there it is again… I think the problem is java3d-1_4_0_01 :frowning: I installed it to compare the loaders… after the installation the problem returned…

Don’t know what J3D does during the installation but it kills something needed or it changes something… ???
Seems that I had to install and deinstall it for each test… :’(

No Xith problem so far :slight_smile:

Just a guess: Maybe it installs vecmath.jar to the default java classpath (bin folder of the jdk). Then there could be name conflicts between sun’s vecmath and vecmath-kh. In this case it could help to remove vecmath.jar from the jre’s bin folder.

Marvin

Yes you are right!
I deinstalled J3D but the vecmath still remains in th jre lib…

Copying the vecmath in and out of the folder is faster than reinstalling the whole stuff.

Well why doesn’t Xith3D have an installer ;D :wink:

Why not use vecmath-kh.jar for Java3D too ?

Yes, I thought so too but it causes some problems like this: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/vecmath/Tuple3d.
So, instead spending time in this I’ll copy the vecmath 8)
OK, I could adjust the code more and more but this is at least far from testing J3D…