private messages not saved

Hi there,

I don’t know if it’s done on purpose or not but it seems that when you send a private message, it is not stored. Or at least it doesn’t show in the outbox. I can see them in “All messages” but when I click on one of them, I get to a page saying “No messages…”.

voila, not the end of the world but just to let you know :slight_smile:

EDIT : I just figured out that there was a nice checkbox when sending a PM to save the message in the outbox … and there is also an option in the profile to have it checked by default … so everything works fine, I just had to open my eyes :smiley: … maybe a moderator could delete this useless message :wink:

The is a checkbox ‘Save a copy in my outbox’, which needs to be checked, for your own message to be visible to yourself (this is silly, but it’s the way this forum, SMF, works).

You can make it checked by default, by modifying your preferences:
http://www.java-gaming.org/index.php?action=profile;sa=pmprefs

BTW: the whole notion of ‘saving’ it to your outbox makes no sense. SMF always stores the PM, as otherwise the recipient wouldn’t be able to read the message. Whether you can read your own message depends on a 0 or a 1 in the database, which is set by the above checkbox. When you ‘remove’ your PM, it’s also set to 0.

:clue:

I ticked the checkbox, you posted the link to, and then clicked on my Re: [messagetopic] link in my message box, and this is what I got:

Is this the expected result, just because I have first sent the message, and then ticked the box?

from what I understood, I think the checkbox needs to be checked before sending a message. Changing it in the profile doesn’t seem to affect previously sent messages.

@Riven : thanks for your answer, actually I noticed everything just before your post ( see my edit :slight_smile: ).

How about now?

yes I can see them now, it seems that you did some DB magic :wink: Thanks !