Powerworks Industries

Description:
Powerworks Industries is a 2D, top-down, tile-based game where you build factories to automate the production of robots. This is my first game, and I’ve been working on it for 2.5 years. All art is done by me, and all music eventually will be. It’s written in Kotlin and uses LibGDX for rendering.
Gameplay:
Here’s a video of me making a basic production chain:

9BEzgWwdheA

Right now, there isn’t much more the user can do than that. However, those 2.5 years haven’t been for nothing. I know it’s kind of a cop-out, but most of the work is in the framework. I have a nice GUI engine, a great and fully configurable input system, and a thousand other things that you can’t really see the effect of (if you aren’t coding). I’m praying nobody noticed the black lines that appear very quickly and disappear again, I’m working on them but I haven’t figured it out yet :stuck_out_tongue:
Performance is great at the moment in every area except for memory usage, which I’m going to try to fix soon. My system (GTX 1070, i7-6700k) can run something like 20 copies of the game, fullscreen, in level, maximum zoom out, and still do alright.
Future plans:
I’m not planning on releasing it any time soon. It’s only now beginning to be more playable to the public, and I don’t expect to be done until I’m fairly far through college (or maybe even after). This is a product of passion, made out of my love of creating cool things, so I’m not doing this in the hopes of earning any money. It’s basically a hobby that I’m pretty good at.
Where to get it:
From me! If you want to check it out, I’ll send you the latest build. I don’t have any tutorial at the moment so the best thing you can do to figure it out is look at the control map settings file to see what does what. No guarantees as to whether or not it works, but if you have Java 10, it technically should :slight_smile:
If you want to look at the code, I’m OK with adding you temporarily as a collaborator on my private github repo!