post your class compression scripts / squences

I have a batch file which does the following:

run the class through Proguard
and then through Jarg (Jogl actually breaks my class so i cannot use it :frowning: )

This resultant class is then ‘packed’ and then ‘unpacked’ creating a class file which is even more compressable.

I then zip the final class file through different programs and settings (7zip, kzip and bwflate) and choose the best. (usually the bwflate zipped one is best)

Currently this brings the jar file down from 8,707 bytes when jar-ed using normal zip compression to 4,266 bytes (still need to optimize the code some more.)

my script (not easily transferable to other people’s computers but you get the gist of it:

del D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\basic.jar
mkdir D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\compressed
cd D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\compressed
d:
del *.* /Q
"D:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" a -tzip D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\basic.jar D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\Rally4k.class
java -jar D:\downloads\proguard3.5\proguard3.5\lib\proguard.jar @D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\settings.pro
java -jar D:\downloads\jarg-0.9.14\jarg.jar -main Rally4k D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\compressed\Rally4k_PG.jar

"D:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" x D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\compressed\Rally4k_PG_s.jar -oD:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\compressed\

ren D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\compressed\Rally4k.class Rally4K.class.pre-pack&unpack

"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_04\bin\pack200.exe" --no-gzip D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\compressed\Rally4k.jar.pack D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\compressed\Rally4k_PG_s.jar

"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_04\bin\unpack200.exe" D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\compressed\Rally4k.jar.pack D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\compressed\Rally4k.jar.pack.unpacked.jar

"D:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" x D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\compressed\Rally4k.jar.pack.unpacked.jar -oD:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\compressed\

"D:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" a -tzip D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\compressed\Rally4k_7z.jar D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\compressed\Rally4k.class -mx9 -mfb=255 -mpass=4

D:\downloads\kzip.exe /v /b64 D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\compressed\Rally4k.class(64).jar D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\compressed\Rally4k.class

D:\downloads\kzip.exe /v /b128 D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\compressed\Rally4k.class(128).jar D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\compressed\Rally4k.class

D:\downloads\kzip.exe /v /b256 D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\compressed\Rally4k.class(256).jar D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\compressed\Rally4k.class

D:\downloads\kzip.exe /v /b512 D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\compressed\Rally4k.class(512).jar D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\compressed\Rally4k.class

D:\downloads\kzip.exe /v /b1024 D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\compressed\Rally4k.class(1024).jar D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\compressed\Rally4k.class

D:\downloads\BJWFlate154\BJWFlate.exe -a -n D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\compressed\Rally4k.class.BWflate(120).jar D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\compressed\Rally4k.class

D:\downloads\BJWFlate154\BJWFlate.exe -a -n -s4096 D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\compressed\Rally4k.class.BWflate(4096).jar D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\compressed\Rally4k.class

D:\downloads\BJWFlate154\BJWFlate.exe -a -n -s8192 D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\compressed\Rally4k.class.BWflate(8192).jar D:\eclipse\workspace\rally4k\compressed\Rally4k.class

:o :-*

Are you using the latest version of KZip?

I am using the version Compiled: Nov 23 2005

[quote]I am using the version Compiled: Nov 23 2005
[/quote]
Interesting, where would I get bwflate? And if you know, what’s its trick for reaching such a good result?

http://www.clrmame.com/bjwflate.htm

It does into details about how it achieves it’s good result, but better than i could explain :slight_smile:

The best trick I have been able to research is the pack200 -> upack200 step after both obfustcators. I makes the class files much more compressable.

However, i am not entirely sure whether the resultant class file is 1.4.2 compatible. Does anyone know a way to test this with out installing 1.4.2 jre?

kzip -> proguard -> jarg -> 7zip unjar -> 7zip jar

I went from 3.46kb to 2.99.

:o

That’s too good to be true…

Edit; oops it was; I failed to specify zip file format.