Pixeloids4k

My last entry for this year’s 4k contest is a shape-matching puzzle game called Pixeloids4k.

The game is available as applet and webstart:
Applet
Webstart

The goal is to move the goo so that 95% of it is inside the target areas. To do this, you click your mouse to create little shockwaves.

Screenshot:

http://www.x2d.org/java/4k/pixeloidsScreen2smallest.png

Any comments and feedback is, as always, warmly appreciated.

Works well. Very interesting.
Haven’t seen a game like this before. Lvl4 was a little tricky.

VERY FUN!

I was trapped into the game in like 30 seconds. it is hard also though. the perfect mixture of the two. not to easy but not hard enough fo rit to be impossible.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

cool! :smiley:
more levels!

No room :’(

Perhaps I can optimize it some and fit one or two more levels in there, we’ll see tomorrow… :slight_smile:

Fun, original, and surprisingly difficult :slight_smile:

I would like to see the targeted percentage / actual percentage represented by a bar instead of just the numbers, it’s easier to read in a split second.

A very cool & original game!
Good job.

You’re right, that would be easier to read. I just didn’t want too many bars, but perhaps I should change it. I’ll give it some thought before I submit it later today. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

This game is excellent! Really fun, challenging and interesting.

very nice job! excellent time killer.
Consider changing “click” to continue to something else, since you might easily skip to next level if you click a lot.

Very original puzzle game. How do the physics work?

“Physics”. As is the case in so many of my games, it’s partially based on basic physics rules, and partially improvised. It’s not a very realistic simulation, it’s just something that is “good enough”.

For example, you may have noticed that particles have no momentum (after being pushed, they won’t keep moving unless further pushed by other particles). In theory, I suppose this is kinda similar to having very high ground-friction, but it’s not particularly realistic.

I just loop through the particles, do a few simple calculations and push some of their mass out to particles that are close by in each frame.

Thanks!

Pixeloids have been listed at Link Dump Friday over at Jay is games! Congrats

Made me play it through again, and it still is great!

When is the expansion pack due? :wink:

Awesome !!! :slight_smile:
I tried it, it worked really well
and couldn’t resist to play it 3 times in a row :wink:
More levels would be nice,
but 4k is 4k :-
maybe you want to create a bigger game out of it…

Cool :slight_smile: Thanks for letting me know!

I’ve been working on a new version of Pixeloids for a while, but it’s been on hold for some time now. Hopefully I’ll have time to pick it up again soon :slight_smile: