Palette Swapper: quick palette swapping tool for sprites

Here’s another tool I’d like to share. Today, my artist and I made this palette swapper that’ll take sprites and replace their palettes on a pretty large scale. It can take in multiple palette configurations as well as multiple image files and output variations of them. I’m aware that you can do this in programs like Photoshop, but I think this will help a bit in making it a lot faster. It’s also pretty user friendly as well and has multiple configurations.

It’s mostly just a lightweight tool that can make palette swapping relatively fast and painless.

A basic color changing definition looks like this:

#4D5F64->#776242
#69837B->#A88960
#93AA9A->#C1B588
#3F474E->#4F382F

But you can also do it like this as well:

#4D5F64
#69837B
#93AA9A
#3F474E
-
#A88960
#C1B588
#4F382F

Learn more about it and download it on the repository page if this seems like it’d be useful to you:
https://github.com/SkyAphid/PaletteSwapper

You should have a look into converting RGB to HSL, then shifting the Hue, and converting it back to RGB again. You’d be able to make any color variantion instantly - you can even do it during rendering in a shader.

Thanks for the tip. I’ll have to look into it sometime. The only thing I’d be worried about is that it seems like it’d be pretty finnicky to get working in realtime.