Number+

Number+ is a puzzle game I’ve made for Android, turn based and with no ads or microtransactions and free!

Goal of the game is to touch a number, increase its value by one and create a group of at least four numbers with same value… in only four moves!

Game so far is feature complete, with a highscore record (no ladder, jsut local) a tutorial and published on google play store

Play it now!

Features

• free single player mobile game for Android
  • play it anywhere, no connection required
  • infinite replayability
  • increasing difficulty
  • create group (vertical or horizontal) of numbers with same value to get more points
  • challenge yourself!
  • easy to catch up, but hard to master!
  • tutorial included

Technical side

• created with libgdx
  • graphics by gimp (nothing fancy, but this time with a look on usability too)
  • random walk used to find existing combination in matrix’s numbers
  • internal state machice to separate intro screen -> highscore -> play scene and tutorial

Open for feedback as always, my record is 1500 points, are you able to do better ?

The game is snappy but there isn’t a lot of satisfaction apart from solving the puzzles themselves. I think you need some juicy animations, screen shake, pop noises etc to make it more stimulating to the senses. This ideally shouldn’t slow down gameplay much of course.

Making the highscore more prominent by showing it ingame might also motivate the player more.

At first I thought you have to form 2x2 grids, but lines etc are also ok, maybe you should add an infographic at the beginning to show which constellations are allowed, so that a first time player isn’t starting this puzzle game without knowledge of the rules.

I got to 152 before uninstalling out of boredom.

Thanks VaTTeRGeR for feedback!

You are first player to ask for more animation, from my experience so far players like animations but not intrusive one, again I will think about this!

You are damn right, thanks!

Did you try tutorial or just go and play the game ? I need to ask this in order to understand why you believe that

Seems you played only few turns, but hey thanks for your feedback!

[quote]Did you try tutorial
[/quote]
I missed it i guess ???

[quote]Seems you played only few turns, but hey thanks for your feedback!
[/quote]
Does the gameplay change later on? I installed the game just to test it and give some feedback, so i uninstalled it again after dabbling around a bit.

I missed it i guess ???

[quote]Seems you played only few turns, but hey thanks for your feedback!
[/quote]
Does the gameplay change later on? I installed the game just to test it and give some feedback, so i uninstalled it again after dabbling around a bit.
[/quote]
Tutorial is the question mark on start: on next release I will force first play for everyone to go into it :smiley:

Gameplay is always the same, but if you have time to play it again, you will find that maximum number is increasing slowly, so game is more challenging

I’ve published a free update for Number+ on google play with a new requested addition: bonuses!

Idea behind this is to expand player experience without altering game’s mechanics. Player now at every 200 points will earn a random bonus from a pool of three types:

• down: decrease all tiles by one

• up: increase all tiles by one

• shuffle: randomly arrange tiles position on the board

So Number+ is not changed at his core, it’s always the same game, but will be expanded for players that like it… because bonuses are permanent (with maximum of 9 for every category) between runs.

So far tests shows players like this, especially who play more than one game!

I’ve published a free update for Number+ on google play with a some game balances and a new feature: pause!

This is a small update, but like others my idea is to follow player’s requests in particular:

• balance: bonuses now more hard to obtain, every 500 points
  • pause: if you close the app, game state is restored at next start

Let me know what do you think about this update!

Quick update, uploaded a new version with in-game statistics for Number+, you can play it from Google play