New server

I’ve moved java4k.com site to a new server, because we will lose lose the space in the server room this week. (same server as for games4j.com which jojoh is still working on moving to the new server)

But, it’s now running on a quad-core machine. The connection is slightly inferior, temporarily, until I move it to a fiber connection hopefully in a few months. It was running on a Ethernet directly plugged into the backbone of the biggest telecom here, so when I say “inferior” keep in mind there’s no way the connection could get any better :slight_smile:

The old server was a 10 years old Pentium 4 machine, which probably goes into the history books as the machine that worked but nobody understood why.

Ok, I’ve probably provided too much details.

Let me know if there are any problems.

From Pentium 4 to quad-core! Quite an upgrade :o

My webserver is a 12 year-old Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600 with a 900Mhz Pentium 3 and 128MB of RAM :slight_smile:

Seems as search isn’t working here.
Can anyone confirm or local problem?

Local problem toasten. Works fine for me.

~Shazer2 :slight_smile:

cant start any games now. (dont know if they dont get loaded or not started)
And the thumbnails load quite slowly here.

(server overloaded?)

Game can be played, but thumbnails won’t load completely.

well, it loads on my windows/firefox, but not on my chrome/ubuntu (wich worked before)
could be a MIME type problem.
Bu I have to check that on another machine.

It just seems that the images load more slowly. I’ll see if I can tune it better. As I said, the link is not as good, but that will hopefully be resolved once it goes on fiber. It’s however fully browsable and functional.

ok, I noticed that I had OpenJDK as default for the Browserapplets, wich suddenly did not manage to load the applets from Java4k.com (only there)
->it could not fetch the archive.

Now it works again with the Sun-6-JRE. (a pain to make the Browserplugin work, this is so 1975)

Can anyone with Linux+OpenJDK confirm that?