NetBeans' gui and Java3D

Hi All,

Sorry for my English

I’m using NetBeans as my primary IDE for Java.

When I use NetBeans gui bulder to create JPanels and JFrame and then add Canvas3D to JPanel , nothing happens.

But when I create my own JPanel and JFrame (without NetBeans’ Gui bulder) it works just fine.

Any reason for that?

I want to take the advantage of NetBeans’ gui and Java3D

Thank u in advance
Eyal

What version of Netbeans are you running? Running 6.1, I do not even see a Canvas3D. I thought Java 3D was deadish.

Do you really mean GLCanvas, that you get with JOGL plug-in?

I used Java3D a bit awhile back but I don’t recall having this problem. When you create your JPanel and JFrame yourself, are you setting everything up the same as the builder, like using the same window style and such? One thing you could try is remove unnecessary settings from your GUIBuilder built panel and frame and see if that helps.

Java3D isn’t dead, why I don’t know, but a lot of people seem to use it, and Canvas3D is valid, http://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/desktop/java3d/forDevelopers/J3D_1_2_API/j3dapi/javax/media/j3d/Canvas3D.html

Your English is fine. :slight_smile:

[quote=“DragonsRage,post:3,topic:32159”]
I When you create your JPanel and JFrame yourself, are you setting everything up the same as the builder, like using the same window style and such? One thing you could try is remove unnecessary settings from your GUIBuilder built panel and frame and see if that helps.

When I use NeatBeans GUI builder and ran my program nothing is rendered. NetBeans has it own private method and its non-editable. but when I
Create my own JPanel and JFrame and set the Layout to BorderLayout , Java3D renders the scene and everything is fine