Netbeans and svn problem....

Hey guys,

I have an urgent problem with netbeans and svn.

I have a project in a subversion repository which I am workin on in netbeans. Everything is working fine, I can commit and update with no problems. It is running on svn+ssh protocol, and I have even added passwordless ssh.

here is my problem:

I Can’t delete packages in netbeans when I work with SVN, has anyone had this problem? I have had this problem for as long as I remember, no new netbeans versions have fixed this issue. Should I just say “he11 with it” and use eclipse instead? I really need this fixed, because it is quite a hassle when you have deleted old packages after refactoring and find yourself with 10 undeletable packages…

It even deletes the contents, but not the package itself.

Please help someone, I’m a mess :’(

just commit them…

Can’t, I already committed, but the packages are still there. When I select “delete” again, nothing happens and I cant commit again because nothing has changed. Any other suggestions?

Make an update.

I really haven’t paid attention to this, since it simply worked for me. Packages are not deleted when deleted with svn-support enabled but marked for deletion with the next commit. As long as you don’t fiddle around with the directories outside of netbeans, the packages should vanish either on commit or update.

The problem is, they simply dont disappear when comitting or updating. I really tried, they just sit there without any content.

edit I finally found my way into an actual post regarding this problem in another forum, it seems you must switch to the files tab and delete the package in that view in order for it to disappear. This is just not so logical since it DOES actually remove the filesystem aswell when you are not using SVN. I just tried it, and it looks like its working. I will return later if it still havent solved my problem. Hope this can help other people! :slight_smile:

well, it is always possible to remove the folder by hand (or via the Files or Favorites view).

After you did that, do the following just to make sure everything is ok:
-rightclick on the folder above the removed folder (or the whole project) and choose Subversion->“show changes”
-this should open a “Subversion” labeled view showing a grayed out folder marked as deleted in case it hasn’t yet been successfully committed into svn
-commit in case it isn’t yet committed

(if its still there, format your disk or something like that ;))

What if it’s still there after that? :smiley:

in this case you should probably file a bug report ;D

I hope it’s not still there then! Handing in reports…not my style haha. [/spam]