Nehe tutorials ported to jogl 2.0 (1-13 so far)

Hi everyone,

Recently I decided to pick up on java and opengl again using JOGL.
I was only used to 1.1 version so I decided to port the Nehe tutorials to Jogl 2.0.
However I ran into some trouble with tutorial 9 and 10.

Tutorial 9: No matter what color I specify before drawing the squares/stars they are always white/grayish

I have attached the code from all current Tutorials i have converted (first 10). I also made a selection menu so u can easy run each
different tutorial.

If anyone has any idea I would like to hear em. Remarks on the current converted code are also welcome.
I will also try and convert eventualy all tutorials and if people are interested in all tutorialcode let me know and I might upload them

Thx

EDIT updated link to lessons 13 : File name: tutorials.zip File size: 417.38 KB

Hi

Can you tell me which version of JOGL 2.0 you use? Which build exactly? Can you rather put a ZIP? I cannot open RAR files. Some tutorials for JOGL are always welcome. Thanks.

I used version 2.0-b41-20110916 and I uploaded the archive as zip now

Why can’t you open RAR files? There are lots of excellent free open source programs that can open RAR files, like 7-zip :slight_smile:

I was at work when I wrote that. I have a root access only on my machines at home. I know 7-zip and I already use it.

@Sebastiaan Rather use GLProfile.getMaxFixedFunc() because the default profile might be the highest forward compatible programmable profile in the future on some graphics cards. I haven’t found why your tutorial 9 was not working.

I uploaded the new code to include tutorials 11 to 13.

I solved the problem in tutorial 10 with the textures by adjusting the original nehe world.txt to something more suitable
In tutorial 13 however i dont see the text being printed on the screen.

Maybe ask some help on the official JOGL forum (JogAmp.org). You should ask Michael Bien (bienator here) to add your tutorials to our wiki.

I made topic there too, I solved the tutorial 13 problem by adjusting the translate position
In tutorial 12 however it seems for every triangle it draws and extra black sqaure/triangle that interferes with the cubes rendered thus making it look like corners of the cubes are missing