Need A Artist

Hi guys this it Toby here. A little background into me. I have been programming for 1 and a bit years now. I am only 14 but have intermediate experience in Java. I have been testing and learning new things to expand my Java knowledge ready to build a nice looking game. This is now the chance to make this game. I am looking for a artist who can make good looking 2d and 2d sprites and also walk animations. If you have any experience in Java that would help a lot as well. If you would like the opportunity I would love it and can you please email me at tobydrane@btinternet.com

Thanks Toby. I will send you my ideas if you email me.

Art is always the hard part. In many cases it is better to try and style the game so it needs less art - think minecraft.

I know but I am bored of making 2d mincraft. And anyway a remake of minecraft isn’t going to go anywhere. People don’t want to play the same but 2d. My idea is a sidescroller game with adventure and a bit of RPG in it.

Use placeholder sprites untill you got some progress going on in your game.
Then present your game and ask for someone to help fix your sprites.
It would still be hard to find someone who will be your sprite drawing b*tch, but you got a little more chance.

This is actually what im doing.
Prototiping the game first.
With just some sketches to represent the real thing.

When i see im having all working, then im getting a (b*tch) Artist or take some drawing courses LOL.

Good Luck!

I didn’t mean ‘remake minecraft’ - I meant you should try to find a graphical style you can deliver without the rather unlikely prospect of finding a graphic artist to help you.