Neat code or a early finish product

Hello all
I want to know what people think… I’m more of a neat person but not so great at keeping my code neat
Neat code or a early finish product?

Also any advice on keeping code fresh and neat?

All published, profitable software has deeply disturbing code quality. Take a hint :point:

Ship it.

Get the product (even if that product is just a small game) out the door. Put a link to it on your portfolio website, and move on to the next project. Take the lessons you learned from the previous project and use them to improve the code quality in your next project.

Any code you write now will look like garbage to you in a year anyway, so there isn’t a huge benefit to spending time polishing it. Publish it and move on to the next thing. Hopefully we all get a little less terrible every time we start a new thing.

If you are asking this question, then you know exactly when you are spending too much time cleaning up code. Whether you listen to feelings, however, is your choice.

A general rule of thumb is that if the code is easily adaptable to new scenarios, it’s well written.

There is a wide range between a having a neat academic code base and an unreadable horrible mess.
Finding the balance is an art to master as software developer. :slight_smile:

Thats all I need to hear xD

Hi

You have to start somewhere. My very first game written in RPL uses no method at all ;D crappiest code ever ;D