Mystery Mash [complete]

I finished up Mystery Mash, and it’s available on the java4k site.

http://java4k.com/index.php?action=games&method=view&gid=372

Wow! I love the gameplay. Great job :slight_smile:

Exception! Cannot play.

;D

I love it! Awesome work :slight_smile:

Very Well done!
Great Idea!

You still seem to have a few bytes to even incorporate some
other mashes :slight_smile:

Best regards
from
M.E.

does not load for me:

load: class M.class not found.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: M.class
at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass0(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: M.class

my java version:

java version “1.6.0_29”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_29-b11)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 20.4-b02, mixed mode, sharing)

It should might be fixed now.

I get the same error as moogie.

Nice pic ra4king, saved it.

Back to topic:
Nice game. I couldn’t imagine to play paddle game combined with space invaders, tetris, breakout etc ;D
unfortunately it has no end.

Great gameplay. Love it :slight_smile:

I really hate the color line moving down XD. Always lose my paddle on it

It’s now working. Lots of fun! Skill level was just right. Score was pretty much level the whole way. The start was a little slow, but then it really cranked and was a lot of fun! Great job!

Never played to such an unfair Pong game ! The gameplay was unlikely, yet it is fun and surprising.

Too bad it seems there is no ending, either on winning or loosing.

You can click on the dot as it comes down, to make it explode early.

I updated the main article now that it’s been published on the java4k site. Thanks, Appel!

In your source code, I discovered that you also hidden some elements from Scramble, Vanguard, Asteroids and Galaga in your game ? I will have to play it again to check them.

Scramble and Vanguard were the inspiration for the walls moving around the paddle. I ended up not adding Asteroids or Galaga because they would add elements that were already present in the game with the existing elements. I also started adding sound into the game, but that was just really annoying, and ended up being more distracting than enhancing (not to mention the issues I had with audio latency).

What a awesome mix of old arcade games. Great job :slight_smile:
But I agree with the people saying that it lacks an end. Especially because for me the AI was perfectly balanced, so it would have been a tight match.

Ha, that’s a badass game man, good job. :o

I had originally made the game so you had “lives” - the ball goes past your side, lose a life, and goes past the AI side, gain a life. However, it restricted the ability to progress in the game to the higher game elements.

After switching it over to a score (like the original PONG), I was watching Wall-E and noticed this:

http://findingmickey.squarespace.com/picture/wall-e-pongatari.jpg?pictureId=8664245&asGalleryImage=true

Which made me want to keep it as a score, even though most people won’t get that.