My first try on 4k games

ok, this is my first try on making 4k games. I have created two classics board games (they are very easy to fit in 4k…): Secret Colors 4k and Rest1-4k. Please take a look at
http://luisoft.o-f.com/projects/games/main.html and post your comments about it. I have released the source code too.

Tks,
L.F.Estivalet

The page is horrible :stuck_out_tongue:

One big fat banner (ok)… one css/js popup, which couldn’t be closed ::)… and another js popup, which has been blocked.

Hadn’t tried the games, but the screenies look ok.

sorry about the webpage…but I am not a webdesigner… :P. That banners are from www.o-f.com, it is a free hosting webserver as I don’t have money to pay a decent one. Do u know any good free webserver (without banner, pop-ups, etc…)?

Both very cool! I’d forgotten all about master mind!

I’m considering a board game for another 4k game (focusing on the AI).

The website is bleady awful tho :slight_smile:

Kev

Not really. I used freenet.de in the past, but they kicked my account some months ago :wink:

Now I’m using paid webspace. 4.95¤ per month and I have 500mb, 50gb traffic, mysql, php, ssi, one domain, 100 (or so) subdomains and 1000 email addresses. Oh and I also have nice stats now and htaccess also came in handy (for adding mime types and mod_rewrite is also really neat) :slight_smile:

www.brinkster.com ASP/SQL free.

Their banners are sooooooooooooo easily hidden (just move all the divs to -999 by css, and use spans in your code instead…)

I highly recomend those people for free hosting.

Btw, screenshots look good :slight_smile:

DP

For hosting just the j4k entrys I recomend Woogley.net or JGF!

[]Free!
[
]No popups!
[].jnlp and .jar-ready!
[
]Extra Plings As Standard!

ok, tks I will see what can I do with that website… but I’d like to have comments about the games…

I enjoyed Rest1 4k very much. Add an “undo” and a score at the end.

Secret Colours 4k was fun when I worked out what I was ment to do. But did not redraw when a window covered it, and did not seam to close nicely (left a zombie javaw).

eap, they both left zombies, sitting in the background eating 100% of my CPU time.

Plus you should not need full rights in your JNLP file.

You need access rights just to get rid of that horrid little bar at the bottom of the window these days.

Kev

Yeah, but that does not effect game play, and means you get no “press yes now” button (which is all any End User will see, the “No” button does not exist for end users)

[quote]Plus you should not need full rights in your JNLP file.
[/quote]
I have signed the jar using ant signjar task using default properties. How should I change the sign jar and the JNLP file to avoi full rights? Is this the reason of the zombie process? What system are u using?

How should I change the sign jar and the JNLP file to avoi full rights?

Don’t sign it at all. If you don’t need any special permissions (reading/writing files, connecting to other servers, fullscreen, printing, native libs etc) there is no need to sign it.

Is this the reason of the zombie process?

Unlikely. Try this:

frame.setDefaultCloseOperation(JFrame.EXIT_ON_CLOSE);

Eh? The end user will still get an ugly little gray bar across the bottom won’t they? Or is that only on undecorated windows? The bar that says something like “Java Application Window” ?

Kev

The end user will still get an ugly little gray bar across the bottom won’t they?

Yes, they will. But I rather have a ugly little gray bar there than trusting everyone.