Multi Player Sandbox RPG [video & source]

I was just about to delete this project from my eclipse directory and decided I would upload a copy for anybody who might be interested in using it.
Keep in mind this was my first (functional) mutli player 3D game so there is room for improvement, but at least the code is readable :wink: I used netty and jPCT to make this.

kp6qlDwKJ6U

The video is probably not the same as the current build, so here’s a screen shot I took which would be 100% accurate:

Download link:
http://uppit.com/1cmmh3es5e7x/MP3D.zip

In-Game Controls:

• WASD to walk
  • Press SPACE to jump
  • Press C to toggle firsts/third person camera
  • Press TAB to access chat box
  • Press B to access blocks
  • Press T to access tiles
  • Mouse wheel changes tile/block texture
  • Left click = place block
  • Right click = delete block

How to host & join
First you’ll need to open the project using Eclipse IDE, then refer to this image:

After you run the client you will be prompted for a username and hostname in the Eclipse console.

You can either type the desired name then press enter, or just press enter for a random username.
The same goes for hostname, where no hostname = localhost, etc. etc. You get the point.

If you need help with setting this up you can add me on Skype and I will be more than glad to assist you.

Thank you so much for uploading this!
I am interested in seeing other ways to network, so that is really the only thing I am interested in.
Nice job though with the 3D! Very nice!

Thanks for posting this! The code really helped me advance my knowledge in networking! I may also try making 3d games in the future too, in which case this could also help.

I hope to see more from you in the future.