Motivation of Fresh Game - Big Issue

How and from where to get motivation of a fresh game?
It seems like all the ideas that I have are already implemented & games are in the playstore.

How do successful game designers/developers get new fresh ideas of the games?
How do they do brainstorming?
Any good online weblinks to get some great ideas?

My process:

• don’t stress yourself, play a lot, don’t read, play!
  • write down your ideas, just 2 row, write down 50 ideas
  • pick 5 of them, build a mindmap with all details you are able to do, research competitors and so on
  • pick 2 ideas, build a little demo, let others play it, get feedback
  • pick best one and build it

Find your unique way! Do you like platformer like super mario bros? Why? How to change some little elements and be unique ? Ideas are cheap, execution matters. Do you want to build a new chess? do it! Change some rules, check if could be fun

In my experience is more important to try it, do it, and find your unique way. Don’t copy or search of other’s ideas, find your ideas, something that you care, because develop a game is hard! :smiley:

my 2 cents

Thank you for the advice. Will definitely follow your suggestions.
Perhaps I am a newbie in gaming so the most of the ideas I have are of simple Flappy Bird sort of games with some variations. I guess that is the reason why most of ideas turns out to be dud as there are many developers out there with such simple ideas.

I think ideas come best from passion.

What games do you like playing the most? Take the genres of that, plus the things that you wish they had, mix them together and do something with that.

Most games that are selling nowadays aren’t really that innovative. What they do excel at though is execution. And therefore I would pick a simple game and make it. Something like pong. Then pick another simple game and make that. Maybe asteroids. After making a bunch of these simple games the knowledge will be there to make a new good “creative” game.

Nice suggestion Gornova. People are such strange creatures, full of hope but easily distracted…

Not that I’ve ever actually finished anything notable, more generally is just taking things one day at a time. Right now is getting the turn system for a simple tactics / dungeon crawler… it’s all just cco material, not what I would sell, but want to know how to make the something bigger.

There’s too much garbage on the app store that annoys me and it motivates me to keep trying… Anyway.

Do a little bit each day, force it for an hour and sooner or later you’ll look at it and be like “I did that.”… same thing if you want to get bulky whatever… just start and eventually you’ll see some physical return on investment.

Never forget the 90-10 rule… you get 90% done in 10% time and you get the last 10percent in 90% time. Also, whatever is worth while is never easy.

One more thing I could add would be to just make what you find fun and take it from there?

Good luck.