Mipmaps are pretty

Mipmaps can be pretty :stuck_out_tongue:

I made images downscaled to 20px from 640px, using different colors. I think it looks cool.

Somebody move this to the What I did today thread, and move this comment to the chitchat monster.

I think this is a good topic!

I really like reflections, and when light refracts into things.

Real world example of Snell’s Law:

I’m even more interested in translating real-world camera features into OpenGL (like different lense properties and exposure, ect.) toddyhancer is legendary for making good looking games truly “photo-realistic”.

Light isn’t something im typically fascinated with, but I am fascinated with breaking light norms. For example, if you bend light around an object, you can’t see it -its invisible! I heard from a past teacher they made dime visible (whoever they could be are some scientists somewhere.) another one would be some sort of light eating device.

This actually ggives me an idea for something that mods the surface of objects to make them appear to have detail, but touch smooth. A dynamic thing, too.

I do agree that ball is pretty cool looking.

So a black hole? Or a just a dark surface xD

A black hole won’t do, but a device that transports the light somewhere will be perfect. If light doesn’t bounce off something in abundant quantities, then something is non-existant. I wonder what that would look like.

Hopefully…

glClearColor(0f,0f,0f,1f);

or

glClearColor(1f,1f,1f,1f);

Whichever one is black. I haven’t ever remembered :stuck_out_tongue: