Miners4k

wow! That is one seriously addictive game!
good job!

The growing slime is hilarious :slight_smile:

Nice one. Man itā€™s going to be tough this year with Speed4K and Miner4K.

Amazing game!!!

Not that this game needs any more help, but since Iā€™m not in the contestā€¦

You know what this game could really use? Donā€™t know if you could fit it in 40 bytes, but its needs a ā€œflood fillā€ feature for old paths. You close them off with a little bit of dirt, and in a single click you flood fill the whole thing.

The bar truly is much higher this time around.

There are some really great games in the contest and Iā€™m almost ashamed to continue with my own entry :slight_smile:

[quote]Riiight
You wonā€™t pass this level!
[/quote]
Well, I did, and I want to know why thereā€™s no 7th level. :ā€™( You get a person to waste their Sunday afternoon mastering your game, and you donā€™t give them a 7th level after taunting them like that? ;D

I found that the proper tactic in this case was to attack the slime immediately, before going after any gold. If you sacrifice some miners early in the game, and use them to destroy an entire slime globule at once, that piece of slime will not grow back. This essentially lessens the amount of slime on the level, thereby slowing the advance of the slime, and giving yourself more time (and resultantly more space) in which to mine.

Hey, if youā€™ve got 800 miners, having 50 plunging to their deaths in a suicide mission to attain riches in a small price to pay. 8)

Speaking of slime, that was a cunning invention. Quite a nice touch, I must say. Bravo!

Haha, sorry!
The level note ā€œYou wonā€™t pass this level!ā€ is true, though. :wink:

wow, this game is pure gold !

Lilian

would it make path construction easier if you used mouse press/release to define a line?

Just a suggestion, as making long straight tunnels is abit inconvenient atm - without a pen ofcourse :wink:

Iā€™m going to try dropping the lowest bit of the mouse coordinates so you can only draw from/to even pixelsā€¦ that might make it easier to avoid the worst jaggies

Markus, maybe this will sounfd familiar to you, but I have to say it - awesome! No time to write, i have to play some more!

haha, woo

Thanks for your kind comments, all. =D
markus.ego++;

;D ;D ;D

have just scrapped my to-be entry, too heavy for a newbie ;D

Of course thatā€™s not the point, you should finish your game, or start anotherā€¦ :wink: It is clear the gameplay is at a much higher level this year though.

The more the merrier!

Iā€™m have trouble getting past level 3, curse this game, I need to do other things >:( .

Yes, awesome! great idea and great game.

I did not win level two :(, but I will >:(!!!

This game remember to me Lemmings, maybe you could add creatures abilities, limited and applicable by clicking creatures? climberā€¦

Bruno

Hey, this game doesnā€™t work on my Mac at work. With a single-button mouse, normally you Crtl+Click to get the equivalent of a right mouse button, and thereā€™s a way to check for that in Java. Are you not using the ā€œKeyEvent.isPopupTrigger()ā€ method to detect right-mouse button clicks? 'Course Iā€™m assuming youā€™re using AWT/Swing, but maybe not.

ahā€¦ macā€¦

Iā€™m done with that exam, I think I passed (yay), and now I have time for 4k.

Again: Great addition to this yearā€™s contest, truly, and also loads of fun. Youā€™ve changed your tactics, obviously, from high-tech to gameplay, and it works just as well. Iā€™m as impressed with this one as I was with your games from last year, and I find myself wondering what you will come up with next. Good work!

it gets worseā€¦

I just fired it up on my powerbook - with a USB 3 button mouse. It is unplayably slow. The levels time out well before it is possible to complete because everything is moving so slowly.

What image format are you using?