Mega (much improved)

Mega is now ready for the competetion. I would appreciate anyone letting me know if it is too hard. If anyone makes it past level 10 on their first try, then it might be too easy.

http://www.javaunlimited.net/games/launch.php?type=jnlp&id=139

Controls:
A or LEFT - rotate left(CCW)
D or RIGHT - rotate right(CW)
W or UP - thrust (no brakes/reverse thrust)
SPACE or CONTROL - fire

First extra ship at 5000, then 10,500 then 16,500, 23,000 etc…

Also if anyone with a Mac or Linux tests it, can you let me know if there are problems. I don’t use fullscreen, so I don’t expect any.

When you destroy a ship, and collide with the “explosions”, you die.

I get the following.

com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource: http://javaunlimited.net/hosted/CaptainJester/mega.jnlp
	at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getCacheEntry(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResourceCacheEntry(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResourceCacheEntry(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResource(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResource(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.getUpdatedLaunchDesc(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.downloadJNLPFile(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareLaunchFile(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

That’s not an explosion. It’s supposed to be an egg. When it hatches it becomes a fast ship that shoots.

@Jamison: Not sure what’s happening there. Could be a security problem on your machine. What version of Java are you using? I have only tested it under 1.5.0_10 and it works with Webstart there.

Okay, I tried it again and for some reason it worked fine this time. However, I don’t have much time to play so I can’t comment much yet. Will try it later - looks good from what I saw.

Ah, of course :slight_smile: … hehe … an yellow egg in a space game shooter :smiley: original I must admit.

Hi
Very nice game, but it it is difficult to aim when you rotate because the ship rotates very fast, if I hit the rotate button, my ship turns 30-40 degrees directly. If it was a little slower it would be easier to play, but Hey, this might be the way it is is supposed to be?

// Gregof

I slowed down the turn speed as much as I could. Any slower will make it too hard to play. Can you try again and see if it helps?

Thanks.

It feels better now, thank you.
// Gregof

I managed to get the ship inside the middle!!!

Yeah, there’s a bug I can’t quite figure out. Sometimes if you hit the right spot at the right speed you can go through the inner or outer walls.

I could not launch your webstart here on my Slackware Linux 10.2. It did not through any exception it just closes the window so I cannot tell you anything else.

Thanks.

I don’t know why it would do that. I am not using fullscreen or anything fancy.

[quote]I could not launch your webstart here on my Slackware Linux 10.2. It did not through any exception it just closes the window so I cannot tell you anything else.
[/quote]
I am using Ubuntu 6.10 right now and it webstarts just fine, and plays smooth.

Are you using compiz or beryl or similar? What version jre? You may have an old blackdown jre.