M4nkala

This my first time making a game for java4k and I hope you like it. It’s based on the game Mancala (more specifically, 4-seed Kalah).

Play it here

Edit: Submitted, you can now play it on java4k.com here.

If you have never played Mancala before you can read the rules/instructions here.

Tell me if you manage to beat it on hard!

Updated: Fixed a bug which occurred if you sent from a pot with 13 or more balls.

Nice work, plus it led me to finally learn how to play Mancala ;D

The bouncing particles are a very nice aesthetic approach to the board game, it works quite well. The game is pretty intuitive to play on top of that.

To make it better you could maybe improve the theme of the game: too much Java4K entries follow the “random flashy colors on a black background” theme, so if you have a few bytes left and feel inspired it might be worth giving it a try!

EDIT: Also, the AI is good, but as a newbie I can’t really tell up to which point ^^

Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

Yeah the Neon look is used quite a lot but I haven’t really had any other great ideas yet. I still have a bit of time though so maybe I’ll think of something.

I really enjoyed, I have to say!

At first I played it without having read the rules… Yeah… Didn’t went so well…
I found out that clicking the numbers did something, and that the numbers were the number of “particles” in one pot.
Then I found out that they jump from one pot to all the next pots, each pot gets one particle, until there are no more particles…
And I wondered, why the hell the enemy sometimes got whole pots from me… >:(

And then I read the rules and won…

I’ve submitted it to Java4k and it has been accepted (link). I decided to keep the current theme and I actually think it suits the Java4k website quite well.