Looking to hire artist

Hello!
I have a finished game that has been approved to be published by steam, but unfortunately my assets are handmade and very ugly.
People who play my game consistently say the art is a huge turn off for them.

I’m interested in hiring an artist to redo the art for most of, or the entire game. The game is a tower defense game.
Here’s a link to JGO page : http://www.java-gaming.org/topics/red-defense-tower-defense-game/37619/view.html

Additional details :

• My budget is fairly low, but negotiable. I don’t expect the game to make very much money. I can pay in the neighborhood of $50 to $100 (depending on how much art is redone)
  • I can pay via Venmo, or Paypal. I was thinking we could do a pay as you go thing, where I pay as the art is made.
  • I would need at least some prior work before I hired the artist. So I could know that their art style is compatible.
  • If the artist would like, I would be happy to give them credit on the Steam store page for the game (and free product keys).
  • I don’t expect the game to do well, but if it does, I would be happy to kick back some small portion of the revenue to the artist in addition to the amount I paid for the art.

I couldn’t find an art/asset related board, I’m really sorry if this isn’t the right place to post this.

Honestly a hundred bucks doesn’t get you very far: I’ve paid that much just for a few sprites. But you’ll have better luck if you post your exact requirements: how many sprites do you need? What size and style are you going for?

Also note that this forum is mostly for programmers, so I’m not sure how many artists you’re going to find.

You’re right, it’s really not that much money. But I cant really afford that much more.

I was hoping the video I linked to could sort of demonstrate the art style. It’s pixel art for a top down game.

That’s still extremely broad. You’ve said that the sprites are all going to be replaced, so that doesn’t really tell us what you’re trying to replace it with. And you still haven’t told us how many sprites you need or what size they need to be. Are we talking 10 sprites? 100? Are they animated? What about logos and backgrounds?

Think about the reverse situation: if an artist posted saying that they have art, but just need you to program the game, that wouldn’t be enough information. You’d need to know what kind of game it was, what platforms it was releasing on, whether it was multiplayer, etc. An artist needs to know more information than you’ve given.

Got it.

About 50 sprites, none of which are animated.
If you’re looking for more information about the art style, there is a link in the OP that has a trailer for the game in it.
For more information, potential artists can message me and I can send them exact requirements

All the sprites are small, less than 50x50

100 bucks will get you nowhere for 50 * 50x50 images. It’s not that an artist can just spread them out of his sleeve. I think 2000 bucks is more realistic for what you are asking.

But it’s a tower defense game right? There should be enough free art on the internet for a broad game like that. Try kenney assets or something.
If that is no option either, you should take some fresh air, lean back, and draw some sprites yourself. It pays off to see your own creation in action!

Also, isn’t it possible to go for 16x16 images? If it’s done well pixel art can be beautiful, easier to create and cheaper. Please have a look at ‘orange pixel’ and ‘kevglass’ work on this forum.

I suggest to post your request also on https://forums.tigsource.com/ because there is a bigger audience there!