Looking for a old wipeout-like game

This is driving me crazy, I been searching for a game I played when I was a kid. I don’t know an exact date, but it must been around the 2000’s. It was a racing game which had hover cars, I seem to remember that between each race the player could buy new cars and upgrades, it was one of those early 3D games, and it was much gray in the game. Is there anyone that knows what game it could have been?

Is it “Need for Speed”?

There’s no hovering in Need for Speed. It might have helped if you had told us the platform as well (PC? Console?).
An early game of that kind was Hi-Octane from Bullfrog, but that might be too early…or maybe you’ve played it later.

Oh, sorry. It was on PC, I believe I got the game in a demo disk from a Swedish magazine called, “komputer för alla”

It wasn’t Hi-Octane, I wish i could explain in more detail, but I simply don’t recognize the game after watching some game play on youtube.

The thing is that I really don’t remember anything from that time that was like Wipeout but gray. These games tend to be rather colorful instead. Anyway, two more shots: Slipstream 3000 or MegaRace (albeit that one didn’t have hover cars either).

I dont know if this really helps but here is a nice link that might help:

Reminds me of F-Zero X?

SyzUtJU4aoY

F-Zero for the PC?

Sadly I haven’t found it. I wish I could remember more about it. But all I can remember is what I have already said.

Also, it can be that the levels I remember was gray, or I don’t remember it right.

Last trial : Grand Theft Auto III …

if not try to search here.

New York Race was pretty gray…

CyberSpeed? PSX & PC.
Looks pretty grey to me.

Could it possibly be “Hover!”? It was a old Windoes 95 game.