Looking for a buddy

Hi guys, stupid title, I know. I just registered here because it seems this forum is a great community! Anyways, what I’m looking for is someone who’d like to get involved in a cooperative project. Since making a game on my own never leads me to completing anything (and its really frustrating >:(), I think the right thing is to look for someone who helps me, it would be much more fun! My idea is to make something in a retro style, but in a way that makes it feel modern. Something like this:

Or radiant, for those who posses and android phone…

I’ve not decided a genre yet, mainly because I’d like to discuss it with whoever is interested: I’m not closed to anything. I’m a platformers’ fan but… It’s not that important. Only thing I’m sure about is using java, slick2d and Artemis entity framework (http://gamadu.com/artemis/), which I’m in love with ;D

It will probably be a slow project, because I go to university and don’t have much free time. I’d like to work on it in the evening and during the week ends.

So, if anyone is interested please let me know :slight_smile:

I might be interested, but I dunno who you are and how well you code, I’d like to cooperate with someone ~ my skill, otherwise I’ll feel like I’m either doing all the work or doing none of the work.

You will never find someone at the same skill level as yourself.

Cas :slight_smile:

Yeh, you’re absolutely right, I think we should talk about it. If you have skype or something like that, I’ll PM you and give my address so that we can talk freely, this way the topic remains clean :slight_smile:

@princec: of course not the same skill level, but I think that if the level difference is too evident it is nearly impossible to cooperate :wink:

I think you missed the ~ I put in there.

Cheers :slight_smile:

Thing is how do you measure skill against another programmer … treat it as a two-way exchange of expertise, in which one of you is bound to transfer more knowledge to the other. That doesn’t mean you’ll end up doing any more or less work.

Cas :slight_smile:

I guess. Still, what I meant was somebody who isn’t too far ahead of what I know but knows a byte of Java.

Alessandro, I PMed you.

Cheers :slight_smile:

Care to take more than one Person on Board? I’m in quite exactly the same Situation like Alessandro. I start a lot of projects that i get to an (almost) playable state but then i lose interest. And also Freetime is something i don’t have plenty of, but i’m willing to invest it in game development.

Timezone might be a problem though. So let me know if you’d like to give it a try. :slight_smile:

Think it is just fine to have more than one person :slight_smile: I’m PMing you right now!

Your TowerClimb game looks absolutely fantastic, very nice graphics work.

Hey appel (I’m the same Alessandro on slick forum ;D), if I correctly read you post you think I made the game, but unfortunately it’s not mine, hehe. It is just a source of inspiration for me :smiley: but, it is on steam greenlight, and I really hope it will come out on steam, would be a must be for me :slight_smile: