log4j issues with JInput

Hi,
I use log4j in my application and have noted that the application doesnt run correctly i.e. the thread waiting on the event queue doesnt run or seems to hang!

I also notice that when I run my app and when I call the getDefaultEnvironment.getControllers() method that some debug/info is printed. This looks suspiciously like a log4j format?

Are there any known issues relating to log4j?

Thanks.

Hi

Which build are you using?. Up until a couple of weeks ago JInput used to dump some information straight to stdout/stderr. I changed this so that it’s using java logging.

I have no idea why you are seeing some threads hang, have you considered that when running in debug mode you are still generating OS events that JInput will try and process when it next gets a chance?. Unfortunatly this might be one of those cases when running a debugger effects the operation of the application.

Endolf

Not sure which version it is. Doesnt seem to be any info in the readme file. I noticed that there is a version.java file, which has the version variable. This is set to 2.0.0.-b01. Is this correct?

I downloaded it a couple of weeks ago.

Maybe I should look at the source code.

Hi

You can try the latest nightly build from here. Looks like the file size changed on the 1st of november build and later.

HTH

Endolf

Thanks Endolf for your response again. The link you have listed is for the build. I need to rebuild the source code for glibc 2.7, if I recall.

At what point did the source code change?

Hi

According the ever slow and painful java.net, I checked in a change with a timestamp of 2009-10-31 11:06:12+0000

HTH

Endolf

P.S sorry for the wait, I’ve been hiding under a duvet with man flu for a few days.