List of all submissions

Will there be a place where we can view all the submissions, with links to a homepage or something? It would be nice to see examples from all over the community. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Aaron R>

I agree 100%.

I have to say that I don’t think this contest was planned out how I would have done it. If the goal was to show off some awesome java games then the full list of submissions should have been publicly available as soon as the contest entry period ended. That way we all could have examined them.

I admit that I am biased. While I was not expecting to win, I was hoping to get at least a little publicity out of the contest. Unfortanately, the way that it was run means no dice for that hope.
??? ??? ???

Send me a list of your complaints, comments, and ideas for how it could have been done better (ceo @ grexengine.com). I guarantee they’ll all get read, and when JGF’s ready to run a competition, all that feedback will be taken into consideration.

Of course, with JGF you actually have the chance to make some of the decisions yourself, if you volunteer and end up helping run the competition(s)!

Sad as it is, I don’t think that feedback for the Sun competition has any guarantees on it; if you post it here, then some of the GTG staff will probably read it, depending upon how much time they have - but there’s no sign of any formal process for gathering, sorting, preserving, and summarising feedback (hint, hint - that’s what you should be doing Chris et al). Most embarassingly of all for Sun they NEVER got in touch with the participants post-competition, and contact during the competition was patchy, poor, and confusing. That’s several lost opportunities to give people more incentive to enter next year :(.

Based on all prior commentary I would guess it’s a simple combination of the people arranging it not really knowing what they were doing (was there someone organizing this who’d run competitions before?) along with lack of solid project management leading to lack of enough time and resource being allocated.

The contest was so poorly organized it was amazing. Its understandable though; I’m sure everyone working in the gaming group at sun have way more than their share of work to do. As a manager how do you ask someone who is already over worked to take on another project? You’d effectively give someone the choice; pick up your kids on time or put together this contest.

This is a perfect example of why these things should be run by the community. Not to mention the legal exposure a large corporation incurs with this type of thing.

Where’s the board of directors that we elected? Surely this is an issue that should be taken up with them.

Then we can see what they did about it when they publish the minutes from their next meeting - maybe in 2006?

Ok, so to keep this alive. I’m posting again. :stuck_out_tongue:

Any list of links we can click on to see all the submissions?

Regards,
Dr. A>