Lines of code that fit into 4k?

Can anybody tell me how many lines of code fit into 4k? I got an idea, but I am sort of afraid it won’t fit?

that highly depends on the game, your coding style, and the amount of graphics you use. with comments excluded, the code for Goomba4K is about 275 lines long, though it is a pretty small game to begin with (most of the space taken up by graphics)

As with what Woogley said, it depends on how you go about designing your game.

For my previous entry Java Rally Racer 4k ( http://unlimited.woogley.net/hosted/moogie/source.html ) i fit 1293 lins of code including comments into 4k. My game did not use external graphics but generated the graphics at run time.

thanks for the answer guys! so 1293 including comments is not too shabby! I am planning to generate the graphics on the fly …

My Asteroids clone was 567 lines. Source was 24KB large.

Miners is 743 lines of code (including comments), and uses no external resources. 35.8 kb.

Sub4K is 674 lines.

Metro4K is 688 lines.

Both including comments.

Lines of code is not a good a indicator. I could have hundreds of identical lines of code, and it would get compressed very well zipped.

For some of my games, I notice a .java file of maybe 20-30 KB, .class file of 9-10 KB, a optimized/obfuscated .class file around 6-7 KB, and the final zip/jar file being around 4 KB.